18 team h2h points based... can i do it as is? WHIR!

If you're looking for input and advice on the team you just drafted, post your roster here.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

bazzy_51
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

18 team h2h points based... can i do it as is? WHIR!

Post by bazzy_51 »

im in an 18 team h2h points based Keeper league on CBS...
start: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, U, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP

Point system:
Singles - 1 point
Doubles - 2 points
Triples - 3 points
Walks - 1
Caught Stealing - -1
Cycle - 10
Errors - -2
Hit by Pitch - 1
HR - 4
Runs - 1
RBI - 1
SB - 1.5
SacFly - .5

Walks Issued - -1
Blown Saves - -4
Complete Games - 7
Earned Runs - -1
Innings - 1
Ks - 1
Ls - -4
No Hitter - 20
Perfect Game - 30
Pick Offs - 1
Saves - 7
Shutouts - 10
Wins - 7

heres the squad what do you think?
C- Geovany Soto
1B- James Loney
2B- Brian Roberts
3B- Garrett Atkins
SS- Michael Young
OF- Carl Crawford
OF- Conor Jackson
OF- Lastings Milledge
U- Pablo Sandoval
Reserves: Travis Ishikawa, Chone Figgins, Ryan Theriot, Danial Murphy, Bill Hall (droppable for sure)

SP- Ryan Dempster
SP- Daisuke Matsuzaka
SP- Manny Parra
SP- Anthony Reyes
SP- Jonathan Sanchez
RP- Jonathan Papelbon
Reserves: Tevor Cahill, Neftali Feliz, Tommy Hanson

Availables, not much but: Dioner Navarro, Willy Taveras, Juan Pierre, Michael Bourn, Ben Sheets, Kelvim Escobar, Brett Gardner, Jason Bartlett, John Baker, Luis Castillo, Brett Anderson, Jason Kendall, Jordan Schafer, Marco Scutaro, Emmanuel Burriss, Gordon Beckham, Mike Mussina, Erick Aybar, Nomar, Josh Anderson, Shaun Marcum, Andrew McCutchen, Ross Ohlendorf, Dexter Fowler, Blake DeWitt, Jerry Hairston, Jeff Baker... and thats bout it its slim slim pickins in this league haha...

LEAVE A LINK!!
tomkatt
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 13 Team - Live Online Draft - Yahoo League

C - Brian McCann
1B - Lance Berkman
2B - Dan Uggla
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Clint Barmes
OF - Adam Jones
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Jermaine Dye
UTIL - Juan Rivera

BN - Todd Helton
BN - Colby Rasmus
BN - Gordon Beckham

DL - Carlos Quentin

SP - Max Scherzer
SP - Ricky Romero
SP - Randy Wells
SP - Jarrod Washburn
SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
SP - J.A. Happ

RP - Francisco Rodriguez
RP - Bobby Jenks
RP - Ryan Franklin

Re: 18 team h2h points based... can i do it as is? WHIR!

Post by tomkatt »

For the size of the league, I like your team a lot. Would certainly keep an eye on Escobar when he gets ready to come back.

Thanks for the help with mine! ;-D
Padres Fan
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: ESPN 12 Team Roto Keeper League Auction style Draft

C-Geo Soto c $13
C-Kurt Suzuki c $6
1B-Adrian Gonzalez 1b $24
2B-Richie Weeks 2b $15
3B-Chase Headley 3b $5
SS-Jimmy Rollins ss $14
MI-Omar Infante 2b,3b,of $Free Agent (keep for $5)
CI-Mitch Moreland $6
OF-Shin-Soo Choo of $12
OF-Colby Rasmus of $12
OF-Delmon Young of $13
OF-Cameron Maybin of $6
OF-Alex Gordon of $1
UT-Neil Walker 2b $8
BN-Jed Lowrie $Free Agent (keep for $5)
BN-Raul Ibanez of $Free Agent (keep for $5)
BN-Bryce Harper of $5

P-David Price $19
P-Chad Billingsley $11
P-Matt Garza $7
P-Tim Hudson $7
P-Brian Matusz $3
P-Edison Volquez $6
P-Brett Myers $8
P-Chris Perez RP $6
P-Fransico Rodriguez RP $9
DL-Stephen Strasburg $3

Minors
Kyle Drabek SP
Aaron Crow SP
Grant Green SS
Wil Myers c/OF
Miguel Sano SS/3B

Post by Padres Fan »

tomkatt wrote:For the size of the league, I like your team a lot. Would certainly keep an eye on Escobar when he gets ready to come back.

Thanks for the help with mine! ;-D

Hell yeah for a 18 teamer, that offense is great, pitching is solid not spectacular, would definately drop Hall and get Gordon beckham and stash him on the bench he should be a valuable keeper at a shallow position.

please comment on mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=375394
avsfan4ever33
T-Ball Trainer

Post by avsfan4ever33 »

I think your offense is quite strong for an 18 team league. It looks like you have a nice mix in all stat categories. I'd drop Hall as you said, probably for Willy Taveras just for the SB potential. He's frustrating to own, but if he gets off to a hot start you could get a good deal in a trade perhaps, or plug him into your lineup and ride him until he goes cold.

No true ace on your pitching staff, and I think Dempster will regress quite a bit this year. You've got some guys with a lot of potential that haven't put it together in Parra and Reyes; hopefully one or both will break out this year. Your bench has a lot of potential minor leaguers who could be impact pitchers later in the season. Paps is as solid as they come in the closer's role, but I'd look to add another one as he's your only one.
bazzy_51
T-Ball Trainer

Post by bazzy_51 »

avsfan4ever33 wrote:I think your offense is quite strong for an 18 team league. It looks like you have a nice mix in all stat categories. I'd drop Hall as you said, probably for Willy Taveras just for the SB potential. He's frustrating to own, but if he gets off to a hot start you could get a good deal in a trade perhaps, or plug him into your lineup and ride him until he goes cold.

No true ace on your pitching staff, and I think Dempster will regress quite a bit this year. You've got some guys with a lot of potential that haven't put it together in Parra and Reyes; hopefully one or both will break out this year. Your bench has a lot of potential minor leaguers who could be impact pitchers later in the season. Paps is as solid as they come in the closer's role, but I'd look to add another one as he's your only one.

every team in this league only carries one closer, cuz you can only start one at a time, so its a waste of a roster spot to carry 2 RP... just to make a point look at the availables... Qualls, Gregg, Motte, Street, Francisco, Zeigler, Sherrill, Ray, Lindstrom, Corpas just to name a few haha... this league is different from most that im accustomed 2 but its be going for 10+ years now and has a bunch of very solid guys, the core of 14-15 guys have been around since it started...
avsfan4ever33
T-Ball Trainer

Post by avsfan4ever33 »

Ah, I see. I'm used to at least 2 RP spots as well so I didn't even think about that. Well then, Papelbon is about as solid as you can get for that slot then. Good luck! ;-D
letter18
T-Ball Trainer

Post by letter18 »

This team looks great for an 18 team league... but i'm not so sure about loney at first base... This is sort of a sleeper, but i'm really high on nick johnson this year if he's available. He seems like hes going to be healthy... Guy is an OBP monster, slugs decent and has 20 hr power. Plus he is hitting behind of dunn and dukes for rbi oppurtunities... hes gonna have a big year... mark it. Or, if u like loney, u could stick him in your utility spot in place of sandavol.

but anyway, nice team dude.

help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=374843
junkstuff
T-Ball Trainer

Post by junkstuff »

for a 18 man league, your offense looks like a winner for sure. i don't know about your SP, so you may want to try and upgrade your starters.

Please help me!
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=375011
shoelessjoetara
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: Yes

Post by shoelessjoetara »

Thats a big league and I think you did great for that size of league. I would pick up Escobar and put him on the bench. When he gets healthy he will give you #2 pitching stats. Please help me out

viewtopic.php?t=375426

Return to “Analyze/Rate My Team”