How Does My Team Look? I'm Nervous!

If you're looking for input and advice on the team you just drafted, post your roster here.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

kev8821
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: 10 Team Private Yahoo League Head to Head     ***Keeper League***

C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, NA

C   Montero
C   Zunino
1B  Freeman
2B  Lawrie
SS  Desmond
MI  Bogaerts
3B  Longoria
OF  Hamilton, B.
OF  Ellsbury
OF  Puig
OF Springer
UT  Jones, A.
UT  Davis, C.

BN  Joc Pederson
BN  
BN
BN

N/A Joey Gallo

SP  Johnny Cueto
SP  Max Scherzer
SP  Jordan Zimmerman
SP Hisashi Iwakuma
RP  Mark Melancon
RP Sean Doolittle
P Jesse Chavez
P Wily Peralta
BN Chris Archer
BN Garrett Richards
BN Danny Salazar
DL Matt Harvey

How Does My Team Look? I'm Nervous!

Post by kev8821 »

10 Team Yahoo League - Head to Head
12x12 Cats (R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, CYC, SLAM) and (IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, ER, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, BSV )
C, 1B, 2B, SS, MI, 3B, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util
SP, SP, SP, RP, P, P
6 Bench players
2 DL slots

I drafted 1st in the draft of 23 rounds.

Please give me some feedback for my team, positions and areas of improvement or praise

C Bengie Molina
1B Derek Lee
2B Dustin Pedroia
SS Hanley Ramirez
MI Placido Polanco
3B Aramis Ramirez
OF Nate McLouth
OF Magglio Ordonez
OF Brad Hawpe
OF Chris Young
UT Carlos Pena

BN Matt Wieters
BN Cameron Maybin
BN Eric Byrnes

SP C.C. Sabathia
SP Cole Hamels
SP Jon Lester
RP Jonathan Broxton
P Matt Capps
P Jason Motte

BN Brandon Morrow
BN Max Scherzer
BN Chris Ray

Top FA on Waivers: Bulter, Blalock, J.D. Drew, Francoeur, Snider, Lowell, Schumaker, Daniel Murphy, Sheets, Gavin Floyd, Ziegler, Kelvim Escobar, Tommy Hanson, Jordan Zimmerman, Corpas.
Texas Flats
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Re: How Does My Team Look? I'm Nervous!

Post by Texas Flats »

**Take this with a grain of salt, because I usually stick with 5x5, occasionally 6x6 (and rarely, as in this is the first year I've done it, 7x7), so I'm not used to this many scoring categories. Maybe I'm talking out of my [expletive], so at least wait until you get a second opinion before you do something rash.

24 categories, and the only two that get any real direct help from relievers are Saves and Blown Saves? To me, that kind of scoring favors the starters immensely, and if it were me, I'd load up on as many quality starters as I can. Good start with "Cake and Cookies" Sabathia, Jon Lester and Cole Hamels, but I'd want some more starters on my team. You really don't need 5 closers at all, and you should push to trade at least one of them for some more starters.

Maybe see if someone's going to take Byrnes off your hands, because he doesn't appear to have a starting job right now and with all his leg injuries he's had, he won't be stealing much in the near future, and that's really his biggest asset to fantasy. If you can't land a trade with him, just let him go. There's got to be better options on the FA wire.

I'd really hope that Hanley, Lee and Polanco can bring up your average, because it's going to suffer a lot from Pena and Young, and they'll probably strike out a ton. Normally, I wouldn't even think about having Polly on my team, but because of the stats you have here (.300+ AVG, and he never ever strikes out), he could be an asset.

I think there's a little bit of work here, but you've got a pretty good foundation to start off with. You have a decent mix of speed and pop on offense, and some quality starters at the top of your rotation, but like I said, take this with a grain of salt, I'm a 5x5 guy.

Care to take a look at mine? Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374622

Return to “Analyze/Rate My Team”