10 team h2h

If you're looking for input and advice on the team you just drafted, post your roster here.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FFChamp
T-Ball Trainer

10 team h2h

Post by FFChamp »

This is my first fantasy baseball team. It's a 10 team head to head non keeper league, I had the 7th pick. For offense, the scoring is HR, RBI, R, SB, AVG, and triples. For pitchers its W, K, SV, ERA, WHIP, and complete games.

C: Matt Wieters
1B: Derrek Lee
2B: Alexei Ramirez
SS: Jimmy Rollins
3B: Matt Zimmerman
IF: Adrian Beltre
OF: Grady Sizemore
OF: Ryan Braun
OF: Alfonso Soriano
UT: Carlos Quentin
Bench: AJ Pierzynski, Torii Hunter, Paul Konerko

P: Brandon Webb
P: Jake Peavy
P: Scot Kazmir
P: Zack Greinke
P: Kerry Wood
P: Troy Percival
P: Joe Saunders
Bench: Mike Pelfrey, Fausto Carmona, George Sherrill

With Torii Hunter on my bench, I think I should be able to make a trade to upgrade something, but not sure what I should go for. What do you think?
sparkey
T-Ball Trainer

Re: 10 team h2h

Post by sparkey »

I hope you mean Ryan Zimmerman. :-D

In a HTH, Beltre is going to kill your team. There has to be better guys than him. I'd draft Lastings Milledge before I would ever consider using Beltre. Wieters is a nothing right now as he is starting at AAA so you will need to start Pierzynski, but could be a big helper down the stretch.
Texas Flats
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Re: 10 team h2h

Post by Texas Flats »

sparkey wrote:I hope you mean Ryan Zimmerman. :-D

In a HTH, Beltre is going to kill your team. There has to be better guys than him. I'd draft Lastings Milledge before I would ever consider using Beltre. Wieters is a nothing right now as he is starting at AAA so you will need to start Pierzynski, but could be a big helper down the stretch.

I'm assuming he meant Ryan...

Depends on where he took Beltre, but I don't think he's that bad a pick. Remember the last time he was in a contract year? He may not do that again, but he might do better than what he's done the last couple years. He's a poor man's Aramis Ramirez to me, he'll bat 25 points lower and won't score as many runs or get as many RBI's, but the HR totals are usually right around the same. And Beltre will throw in a handful more steals. As long as he didn't take Beltre too early, I'm cool with it.

Definitely put Pierzynski in at starting catching for now, Wieters won't get called up to the bigs for about 8 weeks. After that, if someone needs a catcher you can try trading Pierzynski, you really don't need to waste one of your bench spots on a catcher.

Especially because you have 4 outfielders already (how in the heck did you manage to draft Rollins, Braun and Sizemore? They're usually all gone by the end of the first round, maybe early second for Rolling...) I don't think you really need Hunter. But I'll be honest, I think you'll get the msot value out of Quentin if you trade him preseason, so dangle him out there and see if you can get a stud somewhere else.

Your top 3 starters are pretty solid, but who knows how much time Kazmir and Peavy might miss this season) and Grienke is a real good #4.

Your closers are a little weak, I don't think Percival (old and bound to be injured, or at least unable to go back to back, and Sherrill's been pretty ineffective even going back to last season, and Ray's been really good this spring, I figure he'll lose the job before too long) so you may want to take a look at who else may be available.

Help with mine? Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374622

Return to “Analyze/Rate My Team”