How does it look? WHIR

If you're looking for input and advice on the team you just drafted, post your roster here.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

silverZ
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

How does it look? WHIR

Post by silverZ »

12 team 5x5 mixed roto league.

C: Ramon Hernandez
1B: Teixeira
2B: Kelly Johnson
3B: ARam
SS: Jeter
CI: Konerko
MI Casilla
OF: Soriano, Abreu, Pence, Dye
U: Dukes
Bench: Crisp, Delmon Young, Renteria

SP: Halladay, Shields, Greinke, Vazquez, Bedard, Smoltz
RP: Fuentes, Bell, Villanueva, Downs
ThumperHawk
T-Ball Trainer

Re: How does it look? WHIR

Post by ThumperHawk »

I like your outfield if it stays healthy. Depending on how many pitchers you start, your pitching could either be really good, or a little thin on the back end. I think you're a little weak up the middle, but hopefully your outfield will compensate for that.

Help me out:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=374734
Padsin05
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Padsin05 »

thanks for responding to mine

I think Hernandez can have a great year in that lineup-park, although im not a big Jeter fan he gives solid yet not spectacular nos across the board.

OF is stacked I like them all, and Dukes is poised for big year

our staffs look familiar, but im a little weary of Bedard. Hopefully he bounces back and stays healthy cause that gives you a great 5

here's to Greinke getting traded to the NL!
Jedimindtric
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: C Iannetta
C Ruiz
1st Butler
2nd Phillips
SS Ramirez
3rd Zimmerman
CI LaRoche
MI Cabrera
UT Matsui
OF Kemp
OF J. Upton
OF Bay
OF Hawpe
OF Span
SP Hanson
SP Cain
SP Weaver
SP Danks
SP Wolf
SP Pineiro
SP Feldman

Bench
Pods
Blake
Barmes
Montero
Cliff Lee
Bedard
Millwood
D. Lowe
Myers

Post by Jedimindtric »

Thanks for responding to mine.

I like most of the hitting. Infield looks good except I am not high on Jeter at all. I feel Kelly Johnson will go 280+ 20 hrs 15 sbs this year. Pitching is good then hits a wall with the bottom 2. There have to be some hidden gems on the WW and have those guys as back ups. Otherwise, looks good.
silverZ
T-Ball Trainer

Post by silverZ »

Greinke just signed a new contract, so he's not going anywhere :). It's a daily lineup change so all of my starters will be going on most of their starts on top of all my RP. When Smoltz goes on the DL I'm gonna have to pick up a SP like Guthrie to round of my rotation.
TexasStampede
T-Ball Trainer

Post by TexasStampede »

I think your two biggest weaknesses are at C and 2B. You might look into Teahen who has been raking all Spring, and he's going to be the everyday 2B for the Royals (at least initially). I'm not a big fan of Hernandez at all...what about Baker (Fla)?

viewtopic.php?t=374723
Regalus
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Regalus »

thanks for helping with mine.

I think your Catcher is kinda weak, but who cares bout that.
If there is one area you could use some help is MI. Cassilla...yeh! Kelly Johnson...yeh! Jeter...Yea! :-)
I was reading some people arent crazy about your SP. SP in my opinion is the easiest void to fill, and I really like some of the prospectus SP you have. After Shields is a bunch of ? with upside. I'd take that! If 2 of them pan out, your in business!
Saves is a bit iffy. I guess your a firm believer in that mantra of not paying for them.

Overall the MI is your weakest. Look for an MI in exchange for one of your OF.
hambone1818
T-Ball Trainer

Post by hambone1818 »

Solid squad...I'm in the same boat as the others: your middle infield could use some work, I think just some waiver wire work might get it done, I don't think Johnson/Jeter/Casilla is the best you can do there.

Other than that I think the team looks real good. Definitely get a SP when Smoltz is DL'd, your pitching is very good but there just aren't a ton of names, getting at least one more SP would be nice.

Any help here?
viewtopic.php?t=374785
silverZ
T-Ball Trainer

Post by silverZ »

Consdiering I didn't take a MI under Jeter in the 9th it's not that bad. Casilla is there to give me some speed. there's not much on the WW now. Ellis, Iwamura, Lowrie, Hairston Jr, Barlett, Nomar...just gonna wait and see if someone emerges as roster worthy. Or trade one of my OF if one of my bench players breaks out.
abrage22
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: C- McCann
1- Butler
2- Cano
SS- Tulowitzki
3- Zimmerman
CI- Ad. LaRoche
MI- M. Prado
OF-Adam Jones
OF- Braun
OF- Bruce
OF- BJ Upton
DH- Guerrero

SP- Wainwright
SP- Hamels
SP- Nolasco
SP- Hanson
SP- Scherzer
RP- Soria
RP- Qualls

B- Webb
B- Happ
B- M. Laporta
B- Aybar
B- McGehee
B- A. Gordon
B- C. Davis

Post by abrage22 »

Well your pitching is great, but I'm sure you could get someone better than smoltz right now. Theirs a few weak spots in your lineup though, just alot of age in that lineup

Return to “Analyze/Rate My Team”