My team's in trouble, Help me! WHIR fo sho!

If you're looking for input and advice on the team you just drafted, post your roster here.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sketchpadsrus
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

My team's in trouble, Help me! WHIR fo sho!

Post by Sketchpadsrus »

This draft was way too early. Alot of my guys are hurt (including my #1 pick) or underperforming.

Any ideas on how to make this team better?

14 team H2H league 6x6 (OBP + K/BB) 2nd pick (God I wish I picked Pujols)

C Pablo Sandoval
1B Adrián González
2B Mike Aviles
3B Álex Rodríguez
SS Rafael Furcal
OF Carl Crawford
OF Ryan Ludwick
OF Denard Span
Util Elijah Dukes
Util Hideki Matsui
BN Casey Blake (picked up due to Aroid's injury)
BN Carlos Gómez

SP CC Sabathia
SP A.J. Burnett
RP Brad Lidge
RP B.J. Ryan (velocity way down this spring)
P Scott Kazmir
P Chris Young
P George Sherrill (being out performed by chris ray)
BN Oliver Pérez
BN Jesse Litsch
BN Andy Sonnanstine

And yes, 5 of my 7 SPs are in the AL East, and yes, I realize it sucks ass.

Ok, checked the FA list. Scott Downs is ownend by someone. Chris Ray is still a FA.

What do I do????
livinginarizona
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: Yes
Roster Information: C: Mike Piazza
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Chase Utley
SS: Michael Young
3B: Bill Hall
OF: Hideki Matsui
OF: Raul Ibanez
OF: Kenny Lofton
UTIL: Frank Thomas
Bench: Moises Alou, Jonny Gomes, Mike Lowell, Shane Victorino

SP: Brandon Webb
SP: Rich Hill
SP: Freddy Garcia
RP: Bobby Jenks
RP: Salomon Torres
P: Jonathan Papelbon
P: Adam Wainwright
BN: Orlando Hernandez
BN: Derrick Turnbow

Re: My team's in trouble, Help me! WHIR fo sho!

Post by livinginarizona »

Not sure about Casey Blake at 3b for you, I would bump Sandoval down to 3b and look for a different Catcher perhaps, someone like a Mike Napoli or Ramon Hernandez perhaps? When Arod comes back you can bump Sandoval down into the UTIL Spot.

I would play Carlos Gomez over Ludwick personally.

As far as your pitchers are concerned, I would look for some of the pitchers you can find on mine:

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=374610

pitchers like Maholm, Kawakami, Kelvim Escobar is probably available, but he's slated for a late April early May return, but is looking good in ST so far.
pappymojo
T-Ball Trainer

Post by pappymojo »

Your team could perform well with a little luck. Your first concern should be closers. Who are available free agents for OF, 3B and RP in your league? Also, how many DL spots do you have available?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374642
Sketchpadsrus
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Sketchpadsrus »

Dropped Sonnastine for Chris Ray. Here's other top Free Agents...

Outfielders ranked by yahoo:

Pierre, Bourn, Luke Scott, Chirs Dickerson, Ty Wiggington, Kubel, Kendry Morales, Garret Anderson, Brian Giles, Marlon Byrd, Rowand, Schumaker, David Murphy

Other % owned notables: Jerry Hairston jr, Fokudome, Mark Teahan
-------------------------
Third Basemen
Wiggington, Dallas McPherson, Mark Teahan, Willie Harris, Scott Rolen, Brendan Harris, Ronnie Belliard, Jeff Larish (there's a huge ranking jump after Wiggington and McPherson... but supposedly neither are starting full time)

Other owned 3B: Inge, Crede, Aaron Miles
-------------------------
*** I picked up Chris Ray, dropped Andy Sonnastine ***

Only other guys on there that have a chance at saves are: Jose Arredondo, J P Howell, Rafael Soriano, Jon Rauch, Manuel Corpas, Ryan Franklin, Scot Shields
Sketchpadsrus
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Sketchpadsrus »

Bump, because it took me forever to look up all them free agents. :-D
zechs
T-Ball Trainer

Post by zechs »

I would say drop Blake and pick up Rolen. At least Rolen is upright coming into the season and by the time Rolen is hurt, A-Rod should be back :)

Help me out? viewtopic.php?t=375014
letter18
T-Ball Trainer

Post by letter18 »

I like your team overall, but you have to remember A-rod has had absolutely zero prep. He will start the season completley cold. Will he still be OK, probably. Great? I'm not so sure

Matsui is a guy I like if he stays healthy... especially in the 4 hole for all of april and possibly longer.

Carl crawford to me is a guy... every year is supposed to be his break out year and every year he just does ok. I don't think he is under-performing at this point, I think he is performing. He's a good little player... but not more than that IMO.

you're pitching sort of concerns me with all the injury risk... but I do like sabathia and Burnett on the same team(if Burnett stays healthy) to beef up your win total.

I think you could contend...but your season hinges on whether or not your injury players perform. If they do, you're golden... if not, could be a bit rough.

hope that helps

Rate/comment mine?

viewtopic.php?t=374843
Sketchpadsrus
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Sketchpadsrus »

letter (or anyone else): What do you think i should do about my 3B situation?

I thought Blake was a great pickup, but now i realize he's not, thanks mostly to you guys.

Free Agent Third Basemen are listed above.

livinginarizona gave the idea of moving Pablo to 3rd, and grabbing a catcher. That came off as crazy to me, but then I saw the 3rd baseman that were available.
--------------------------------
Free Agent Catcher (o-rank): Teagarden, Flores, Suzuki, Paulino and then a bunch of guys ranked in the 700's that are 0% owned.

Catcher (% owned): Ivan Rodriguez, Varitek, Inge, John Baker, Laird, Johjima, Kendall
----------------------------------
I got the Ray/Sherril package, I just need the best Arod replacement I can get. I'll handle the SPs.

Thanks for the help, sorry about all the bumps.
letter18
T-Ball Trainer

Post by letter18 »

Personally, Mark Tehan is a guy I always like. He has more hits then games played every year(which in a full season means 170 plus) He has some pop(missed 20 games last year and still hit 15) And will hit for a servicable average. He has a decent amount of discipline and will get obp 35 pct of the time, more than that if he can bring his average up, which I suspect he can. In terms of pure stats on paper he may or may not be the best guy available, but I just feel like he has tremendous upside and if he plays all year he can offer a fair amount of production.

if he dosen't start for the big club this year, there is something seriously wrong with the management IMO
Carnac
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Carnac »

Casey Blake is as good as there is on the WW. He went 71, 21 and 81 last year with .274 BA. He will do until you get Arod back. Sandoval's value comes at catcher and if you move him to 3rd the catcher you put in place will drag your team down. Stand pat and put Casey at 3B. Good pick up with Ray. Use the wire for pitching in the first month or so and you'll be fine.

Return to “Analyze/Rate My Team”