An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
neoforce wrote:There are many, many ways to do auction keepers. I didn't vote in the poll because our way of doing it isn't there. Ours works as follows:
- combo of contract and salary increases
- at auction, you get a player for $X, that is his salary for this and next year if you keep him.
- Third year out, owner has to decide. Keep him one more year (his option year) at the same salary and then return him to the auction, or sign him for a "long term contract" of 2 years (increase salary by $10) or sign him for 3 years (increase salary by $15)
- So, most you can keep a guy is 5 years
- lots of other rules about how FAs/minor league guys get salaries, restrictions/penalties on long term contacts, etc.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest