Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Spilborghs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Spilborghs

Postby metsfan12 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:25 pm

Has Spilgorghs locked up the starting gig in CF yet? I think he puts up pretty decent counting stats with a nice average for a relatively untalked about guy.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spilborghs

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:39 pm

i would think so. is dexter fowler making the team?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kab21 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Rotoworld blurb
The Denver Post reports that Carlos Gonzalez and Dexter Fowler are both likely to begin the season at Triple-A.
Colorado has plenty of other outfield and bench options to sort through without rushing Gonzalez and Fowler, both of whom could clearly use some additional seasoning in the minors.

I think you'll see spilborghs in center everyday since I'm not sure whom else would be competing against him if CarGo and Fowler is in AAA as speculated.
My website - The World Is Not That Big
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 83)

Postby aravtrain21 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:41 pm

Spilborghs has the job. '08 he hit .313, 6 HR, 38 R, 36 RBI, 7 SB, 38 BB, 41 K in 230 AB. I'll take that all day for a late round flier/sleeper pick. Most guys take the hype players who K a lot. If your league penalizes K's this makes him even better. To boot, he's hitting .323, 2 HR, 5 R, 10 RBI, 2 SB, 5 BB, 4 K in 31 AB this spring. Colorado's ballpark and a decent lineup. I'm definitely not sleeping on him and you shouldn't either.

Please Help:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=372457
aravtrain21
College Coach
College Coach

Postby silverZ » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:54 pm

I could see this guy being Mclouth lite this season. One of my favourite late round OF sleepers after Dukes
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 67)

Postby WTH » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Love love love me the Spilborgs. I went into my keeper draft without any OF's and was able to snag Milledge, Spilborghs, and Cruz as my 3 OF and I'm happy cuz all of them will go 15-15!
WTH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WTH » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:38 pm

j24jags wrote:
WTH wrote:Love love love me the Spilborgs. I went into my keeper draft without any OF's and was able to snag Milledge, Spilborghs, and Cruz as my 3 OF and I'm happy cuz all of them will go 15-15!

Sorry but I'd be very worried if those were my top 3 OF...

Why? I also have Raul Ibanez as a non-sexy dependable OF to round my 4 OF spots. My 5 keepers going into the draft were Hanley, Utley, Teixeira, Mauer, and Peavy.
WTH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates