Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First Draft of the year. Yahoo Public. Whir!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First Draft of the year. Yahoo Public. Whir!

Postby HollywoodHartman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Hey. Just did my first fantasy draft of the year. Standard Yahoo! public roto league. Picked 11th...which I did not like, but I still think it's a solid team.

C: Napoli
1b: Ad. Gonzalez
2b: Kinsler
SS: Rollins
3b: A-Rod (Will pick someone up to fill the roster spot when he officially goes on the DL)
OF: Kemp
OF: Cruz
OF: Adam Jones
UT: Chris Davis
B: Spillborghs
B: Dukes

SP: Shields
SP: Harden
RP: Broxton
RP: Bell
P: Nolasco
P: Vazquez
P: Sherril
BN: Randy Johnson
BN: Jon Sanchez
BN: Pelfrey

Thoughts?
HollywoodHartman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First Draft of the year. Yahoo Public. Whir!

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:32 pm

you can use Chris Davis at 3B and one of Dukes/Spilborghs at UT.
once ARod can go on the DL maybe you can pick up someone for your bench with multiple position eligibility to fill in in multiple positions when other players have days off. someone like Felipe Lopez could be good.
im not really sold on Napoli. the power is there, but his AVG could be ugly. i think hes going to be closer to .250 than .270
your closers have potential with Broxton/Bell, but they dont have alot of experience. i dont trust Bell. it was just 3 years ago when he had an ERA 5+ in back to back seasons with the Mets (2006/2005). i also dont trust Sherrill.
maybe you could use another solid starter. Haren's injury conern is risky. if it was me i might want to try and trade Harden and his value for a similar valued started a safer bet to pitch a full season and give you the stats that Harden could over a full season. Harden if healthy has great potential, but thats a huge risk.

help?
viewtopic.php?t=372421
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Re: First Draft of the year. Yahoo Public. Whir!

Postby Padres Fan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:07 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:you can use Chris Davis at 3B and one of Dukes/Spilborghs at UT.
once ARod can go on the DL maybe you can pick up someone for your bench with multiple position eligibility to fill in in multiple positions when other players have days off. someone like Felipe Lopez could be good.
im not really sold on Napoli. the power is there, but his AVG could be ugly. i think hes going to be closer to .250 than .270
your closers have potential with Broxton/Bell, but they dont have alot of experience. i dont trust Bell. it was just 3 years ago when he had an ERA 5+ in back to back seasons with the Mets (2006/2005). i also dont trust Sherrill.
maybe you could use another solid starter. Haren's injury conern is risky. if it was me i might want to try and trade Harden and his value for a similar valued started a safer bet to pitch a full season and give you the stats that Harden could over a full season. Harden if healthy has great potential, but thats a huge risk.

help?
viewtopic.php?t=372421

I agree with above, plus your OF is somewhat of a unknown but could suprise
if Cruz and Jones have a great year, another sleeper option for power is Adam Lind, no true stud in pitching but if you play daily waiver adds on yahoo you could be competitive.

please rate mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=372463
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team