Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

RATE MY SQUAD PLEASE!?! WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RATE MY SQUAD PLEASE!?! WHIR!

Postby TheGhost » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:39 pm

How did I do in my draft?

I play in a ten team H2H, yahoo league. 12 cats: runs, home runs, RBI, avg., SB, OPS... wins, strikeouts, saves, ERA, WHIP, walks.

C: Chris Iannetta
1B: Albert Pujols
2nd: Chase Utley
3rd: Evan Longoria
SS: Alexei Ramirez (2nd, OF)
OF: Matt Kemp, Jay Bruce, Nelson Cruz
Utl: David Ortiz
BN: Derek Jeter, Elijah Dukes, Ryan Zimmerman

SP: Jake Peavy, Francisco Liriano, Felix Hernandez, David Price, Randy Johnson, Erik Bedard, Chien-Ming Wang
RP: Houston Street, Chad Qualls, Heath Bell

Thoughts/advice?? WHIR.
Last edited by TheGhost on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 57)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RATE MY SQUAD PLEASE!?! WHIR!

Postby MendozaLineup » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Great team....just a couple of thoughts:

1) Alexi has the most value at 2B, rather than SS....since you have Jeter and Utley, I'd look to move him while the hype is high, possibly for a...

2) Top closer...your RP are a little weak, but you know that. I like Qualls and Bell, but more as 2nd and 3rd RPs....you probably need a frontline guy, maybe like Broxton.

Good luck!
MendozaLineup
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jaysfreak91 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:16 am

My thoughts I'd maybe try and trade Ramirez for a good closer and if Street becomes Colorado's closer to start the year or during the year you will be solid at RP.

The rest of your team looks great your lineup is solid and you have a strong rotation should get lots of Ws and Ks
Rate My Team WHIR viewtopic.php?t=372268
jaysfreak91
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Lsquad » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:04 am

Ummm... Filthy. absolutely a great team, even in ten teamer. I really have to question your competion. One thing I noticed, was that steals isn't a category (really?). Given the probablity that someone of the skill level your league demonstrated might not have noticed this, try and shop Kemp. A good bit of his value comes from steals, so you might be able to bring back power and average, which are double and triple counted in this league.

viewtopic.php?t=372330
Lsquad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheGhost » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:14 am

Lsquad wrote:Ummm... Filthy. absolutely a great team, even in ten teamer. I really have to question your competion. One thing I noticed, was that steals isn't a category (really?). Given the probablity that someone of the skill level your league demonstrated might not have noticed this, try and shop Kemp. A good bit of his value comes from steals, so you might be able to bring back power and average, which are double and triple counted in this league.

viewtopic.php?t=372330

Sorry, we do have steals. That cat takes the place of hits. Also, that wasn't exactly my draft. I made a trade. I got Longoria and Ortiz and I gave Lester and Prince.
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Lsquad » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 am

Ok, that makes more sense... still a great team.
Lsquad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:55 am

I agree that its a pretty solid team, but you can probably maximize value by dealing Alexei for a closer and/or an OF. Why an OF? I think its a bit risky to have Nelson Cruz (who probably won't hit above .270) AND Elijah Dukes (who may get injured/arrested). It'd be nice to know you have another OF out there who won't have either issue.

Can you help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=372349
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 7)

Postby aravtrain21 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:32 am

I would look to upgrade at OF with Carl Crawford. He would fit into your lineup perfectly. He is 27 this year and is flying around in spring training. The reason is that he began a new offseason workout routine on natural grass instead of turf in order to put less wear and tear on his legs. He said, "This is the best my legs have ever felt." Can't go wrong with a guy who is in his prime and can steal a tremendous amount of bases.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=372369
aravtrain21
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team