Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help out a new fantasy player. How'd i do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help out a new fantasy player. How'd i do?

Postby theyank1998 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:32 pm

I had my first draft of the year today.

It's a ten team 5 by 5 roto leaque. Keep in mind that i am quite new to fantasy baseball so any tips, harsh or not, will be greatly aprreciated. My strategy going into the draft was to draft hitters early and often and one elite pitcher before the tenth round. Peavy is a guy who I think will preform in the Santana Lincecum range, and I feel that he is heavily undervalued. Anyways, I know my pitching staff is risky, but I drafted guys who i believe will have very good years: ( Chris Young should bounce back in a big way i believe.) Anyways, here is my team, and I know the pitching is a little shaky. I will trade if i need to. I also planned to keep a flexible bench, so in the last few rounds I wanted to pick talented players who are high risk high reward.

C: Bengie Molina
C: Jorge Posada
1b: Prince Fielder
2b: Robinson Cano
3b: Garret Atkins
SS: J.J Hardy
Of: Sizemore
Of: Carlos Lee
Of: Jay Bruce
Of: Lastings Milledge
Utl: David Ortiz
B: Tejada
B: Alex Gordon
B: Billy Butler

Sp: Jake Peavy
Sp: Chris Young ( Sd)
Rp: Joakim Soria
Rp: Matt Capps
P: Zack Greinke
P: Eric Bedard
P: Randy Johnson
Bn: Jered Weaver
B:Hiroki Kuroda
b: Dave Bush.

Thanks a lot for any input once again.
theyank1998
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help out a new fantasy player. How'd i do?

Postby theyank1998 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks a lot.
theyank1998
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Help out a new fantasy player. How'd i do?

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:59 pm

Molina is a decent catcher. he should be hitting in a good spot in the order i think so the R/RBI should be there.
i dont like Posada much, but hes ok for a 2nd catcher. i wouldnt expect the type of numbers he has had in the past. hes now 37 years old.
im not high on Atkins if he ever gets traded out of Colorado, but while hes there he should continue to have good numbers.
i like the OF of Sizemore/Lee/Bruce/Milledge. Milledge is someone i think should be really good this season.
Butler and Gordon are really good potential guys off your bench.

you could maybe use another top tier starter after Peavy. i think Young is good and should bounce back from last season but im not sure he should be counted on to be a #2 fantasy pitcher behind Peavy.
Greinke is someone that concerns me. he had a high increase in IP from 07 to 08 and thast risky for 09.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team