Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team, WHIR

Postby saemick » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:00 pm

This is a Yahoo H2H non-keeper league. Just drafted, how'd I do? I know I'm a little soft at OF, but what could I improve in?

c: Napoli
1b: Prince Fielder
2b: Cano
ss: Michael Young
3b: Wright
IF: Longoria
OF: Kemp, Dye, Chris Young
Utl: Damon
BN: Tejada, Sandoval, Coco Crisp
SP: Hamels, Haren, Verlander, Harang, Meche, Litsch
RP: Soria, Capps, Lindstrom
This is a H2H Yahoo! league with the scoring cat's as follows:
Hitters: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, PO, A, E Pitchers: W, L, CG, SHO, SV, BB, K, NH
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team, WHIR

Postby saemick » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Bump....any help for me??
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby livinginarizona » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:07 pm

Start with that first position, Napoli is hurt and they may decide to go with Mathis in the C hole there, meaning that Napoli would get platooned to DHing between one of the 4th outfielders. You need to look elsewhere at C.

Verlander has shoulder issues, I'd look elsewhere. He'll hurt you more than help.

And keep your eyes on the Lindstrom injury as well.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=370940
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saemick » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:21 pm

For my catcher, I have Sandoval who is "C" eligible, so I can wait till Napoli is healthy

I'm not aware of any issues with Verlander this year...He actually had a pretty nice outing last start I thought. I kinda had him pegged for a come-back year personally

I definitely have my eye on Lindstrom, but I still think he's the best bet to close in FLA.
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rockfan616 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:47 am

Pretty good team here. Definitely keep an eye on Napoli and put Sandoval in at C for now. And you'll want to look on the FA list at OF'ers that either another team dropped or guys that can help your team a little more than guys like Damon and Coco. I like how you have both Wright and Longoria to play 3B (I have Longoria on all of my teams so far, I really like him to have a huge year this year!!) You'll also want to see if you can deal for another starting pitcher, I'm not all that sold on Litsch as of yet. Verlander I hope will rebound and have a better season this year and so should Harang (lots of good young talent on that Reds team!!). Overall though you're team is in pretty good shape. Rate mine below please.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=372498
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby livinginarizona » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 am

Sandoval is definitely the better choice at C.

I have mixed feelings on Verlander, he's one of those great while healthy pitchers. He'll wear down as the year goes on, a great sell high candidate. Problem with shoulder is being "tired".

As far as your SP rotation goes, you're good with having Hamels, Haren and Verlander, just expect you'll need to unload Verlander would be my bet (as the year goes along).
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team