1) Smoltz struggled to his new role early last year and still went on to set a NL record in a position that was foriegn to him. "A NL RECORD" Don't forget about that Cy Young thing either.
2) Nen had offseason shoulder surgery so that might drive down his price. Don't let that stop you. He has an entire picthing staff designed to get the ball to him.
3) Benitez gets the nod here simply because he has been saving games a little longer than one year. It's important to point out that Benitez is not the closer you want in pressure situations. But if you are trying to win your league, instead of the world series, he is a consistent fantasy performer.
4) Gagne could easily rank number one or two. But he has exactly one year of closing experience. The same could be said about Smoltz, but John has just a tad more pitching experience. One more year of those ungodly numbers from Eric and then we can talk. Remember some popular sites, ESPN for one had Foulke as the
closer to have last year. There is something to say about experience, and that something will help you win your league.
5) Wagner, all that funk from such a tiny little thing. Make sure you make room on your roster for Octavio though. When Billy pitches it is just beautiful to watch those SV's build 2-3-4 a week, every week. When Billy pitches.
Please feel free to take the POLL. And respond, This should be a great discusion.