Tell me what you guys think. Here's my team by round drafted along with my rationale for picking them.
Round 1: Ian Kinsler, 2B
- Best on the board at #6 overall. That plus position scarcity made this a no brainer.
Round 2: Alfonso Soriano, OF
- Really hinges on his health. If he can somehow put together a more injury free season, then this pick will be nice.
Round 3: Nick Markakis, OF
- Always liked this kid. Seemed like the logical pick here.
Round 4: Troy Tulowitzki, SS
- With H. Ramirez and Reyes kept along with Rollins being off the board, I preferred taking Tulowitzki with upside over Rafael Furcal.
Round 5: Victor Martinez, C
- Mauer, Martin, Soto, and McCann were all off the board at this point. Hoping for a bounce back.
Round 6: Ryan Zimmerman, 3B
- Same thing applies here as it did for Martinez. With Aramis Ramirez and Chipper Jones already gone, Zimmerman was the best available 3B.
Round 7: John Lackey, SP (Keeper)
Round 8: Jon Lester, SP
- I was eyeing Dice-K here, and wouldn't you know it, he picked right before me. I liked Lester as a #3 SP.
Round 9: Dan Haren, SP (Keeper)
Round 10: Jose Valverde, RP
- Decided to go cheap on saves, and this guy fell to me.
Round 11: Matt Kemp, OF (Keeper)
Round 12: Derek Lowe, SP
- #4 starter. A sleeper to me.
Round 13: Huston Street, RP
- Once again, cheap with saves.
Round 14: Brian Wilson, RP
- See above.
Round 15: Brad Hawpe, OF
- Grabbed some power at a UTIL spot.
Round 16: Chien-Ming Wang, SP
- #5 starter if he can stay healthy.
Round 17: Denard Span, OF
- Grabbed some steals at a UTIL spot. Plus, he's a guy that Justin Morneau can drive in.
Round 18: Joey Devine, RP
- See other closers.
Round 19: Dexter Fowler, OF
- Going to stash him on the bench as this is a keeper league.
Round 20: John Smoltz, SP/RP
- Going to stash him on the DL.
Round 21: Justin Morneau, 1B (Keeper
Round 22: Fred Lewis, OF
- Drafted him for some late-round steals, but I dropped him to pick up Huston Street's handcuff, Manny Corpas.