Return to General Talk

I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor

Postby markj11 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:44 am

I gave up liquor. I had similar blacked out experiences and doing stupid stuff. I pissed myself on my honeymoon(I remember doing it, I just couldn't hold it any longer waiting to get back on the cruise ship), damn free tequila on the party boat. But now I am strictly beer, a lot, and when out with buddies that are ordering shots I usually only take one.

Another thing to stay away from is draft beer, it's just so good once it hits your tongue and it also goes down so much faster; I have scares.

Beer is good, as long as you admit you are an alcoholic you don't qualify as a true alcoholic. That's my philosophy anyway.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:24 am

markj11 wrote:I gave up liquor. I had similar blacked out experiences and doing stupid stuff. I pissed myself on my honeymoon(I remember doing it, I just couldn't hold it any longer waiting to get back on the cruise ship), damn free tequila on the party boat.

ha...this one might take the cake. At least it was after the wedding, a friend of mine got so drunk before his wedding that he literally couldn't walk down the aisle on his own. I have my share of similar black-out-and-do-stupid-things stories from my heavy drinking days, but in the last five years, I've blacked out twice. One of which, was last weekend. I swear I was drugged. Anyway, it's not a good feeling to wake up in the morning and have people telling you about things you did that you can't remember.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby markj11 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:52 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
markj11 wrote:I gave up liquor. I had similar blacked out experiences and doing stupid stuff. I pissed myself on my honeymoon(I remember doing it, I just couldn't hold it any longer waiting to get back on the cruise ship), damn free tequila on the party boat.

ha...this one might take the cake. At least it was after the wedding, a friend of mine got so drunk before his wedding that he literally couldn't walk down the aisle on his own. I have my share of similar black-out-and-do-stupid-things stories from my heavy drinking days, but in the last five years, I've blacked out twice. One of which, was last weekend. I swear I was drugged. Anyway, it's not a good feeling to wake up in the morning and have people telling you about things you did that you can't remember.

In college I woke up in the laundry facility of my apartment complex. My roommate had left the bar earlier than I wanted so I stayed and walked back. A few things that make it a little worse than your average laundry mat sleep over:
1. This was also the mail room.
2. This was also were everyone kept there bikes.
3. I was in the very center.
4. I woke up at 11:00 AM so everyone had already seen me.
5. My shirt was missing.

Luckily I still had my pants and my butt wasn't sore.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:54 am

Since we're sharing blackout stories...
I was at a graduation party my junior year of high school. Lots of beer and liquor and I had only really started drinking that school year. The party ended sometime between 2 and 3 and I was pretty toasted and left my car at the party. I went with a group of friends to another guy's house that I didn't know that well and we kept playing quarters. At this point I had consumed a lot more alcohol than I ever had before. I had to go to the bathroom so I went in the bathroom undid my pants... and then I woke up the next morning. I was laying with my pants and underwear down in the bathroom floor with the door wide open in a pool of piss and vomit. I felt horrible about messing up the bathroom of the guy who I wasn't even really friends with and I had intended on cleaning it all up. Problem was I was still drunk in the morning and someone offered me a ride to my car and I completely forgot about the mess I left. That's my best story and first blackout.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:30 pm

In my early 20's I finially got this girl I really liked to go out with me. So we went out for dinner and a movie and after decided to go out for some drinks. Of course I drank WAY to many mixed drinks. I guess I saw a guy from work(a REALLY big guy) I didn't like and asked him to fight, luckily for me he laughed it off. Anyway, later my date found me out in the parking lot with my truck door open, my legs hanging out, passed out, and the alarm going off. Apparently I had stumbled out to the parking lot to puke but rather than puke...oh anywhere else, I somehow climbed in my truck and puked all over the passenger seat and door panel and then promptly passed out. Long story short I woke up in a girls bedroom and was completely lost, I had to look at the pictures on her closet door to figure out where I was. She had slept on the couch and when she woke up she laughed about it a bit. As you can probably imagine that was the first and last date she went on with me. :-C
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
(Past Year: -24)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby markj11 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Another alcohol related incident:
March 25 2006
Round 4-11: markj11 selects J Nathan
Round 5-1: markj11 selects M Rivera
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:48 pm

man these are awesome

i was at a buddys graduation party my senior year of HS, of course drinking a lot...from what i was told the next day i kept trying to go into his neighbors house and kept telling my friends they were a-holes for not letting me in...apparently they finally dragged me off the porch and threw me back in the correct house...where i then proceeded to lock myself in the bathroom. he only had one bathroom so after about an hour or so all the girls (and quite a few other people) left the party. finally woke up the next morning on the floor in his room in a small pool of vomit

earlier that year i had split about a 5th and a 1/2 of 100 proof Southern Comfort before a Metallica concert. i remembered COC (Corrosion of Conformity...for those of you who arent quite as old as i am) coming on and then waking up at the end of Metallica's show with a huge pile of puke in my lap

also that year (anyone sensing a pattern here) i went to Cancun for Spring Break...they had a "booze cruise". i remember getting to the island and some fatty tried hitting on me, saying she'd find and beat up whoever had givin me a black eye (that was from a few days before...got into an argument over god knows what with some dude and just kept telling him to hit me again while laughing at him and calling him some female anatomy parts). apparently i almost fell off the boat on the way back to the hotel...i still have no idea how i made it back on the bus...auto-pilot i guess :-b

at this point i dont think i can get blackout drunk anymore, but i sure do get close once in a while :*)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:39 pm

One of my close friend's sisters was moving to Iowa so they had a going away party for her. I had just gotten out of work and intended to stop by for about an hour as I had plans later that night. I got there around 4:30 in the afternoon and had a glass of Oberon. I was quickly screwed when my buddy dropped the keg top in my cup though. Everyone knows you have to chug your cup if the top is dropped into it. I preceded to drink the cup (which was quite large) and immediately began to feel that urge to continue to drink. There were four kegs of Oberon so plenty to go around......I kept drinking and quickly became pretty drunk. Note that I hadn't eaten much to this point. The night continued and everybody was playing on this obstacle course where you had to spin your head on a bat, run across the yard, chug a beer and what not. At this point I was not beginning to feel good at all. My buddies and I were doing keg stands and getting worse. This is the last I remembered.

The next day I woke up and had no idea where the hell I was. There was a laundry list of events that took place, however.

1. I passed out in my friend's kitchen right next to two of my other friends. We preceded to vomit on and around each other.
2. I made out with the ugliest girl in the place for like half an hour. She was nasty. Her nickname was Nasty McNasty.
3. Some older buddies of mine saw us passed out in the kitchen and decided to place their parts on our foreheads and take pictures.
4. I was found sitting in a random Jeep Cherokee listening to Eminem and sounding like complete crap trying to rap along.
5. I drove home and woke up my younger brother by trying to fight him. He then beat the crap out of my piss drunk arse.
6. My future roommate from college and high school buddy was called by my mom and came and picked me up. That's whose house I woke up at.

Number 5 is something I've regretted my whole life and since that day I have never been what I consider to be drunk. I honestly have no recollection of any of the events.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:46 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:One of my close friend's sisters was moving to Iowa so they had a going away party for her. I had just gotten out of work and intended to stop by for about an hour as I had plans later that night. I got there around 4:30 in the afternoon and had a glass of Oberon. I was quickly screwed when my buddy dropped the keg top in my cup though. Everyone knows you have to chug your cup if the top is dropped into it. I preceded to drink the cup (which was quite large) and immediately began to feel that urge to continue to drink. There were four kegs of Oberon so plenty to go around......I kept drinking and quickly became pretty drunk. Note that I hadn't eaten much to this point. The night continued and everybody was playing on this obstacle course where you had to spin your head on a bat, run across the yard, chug a beer and what not. At this point I was not beginning to feel good at all. My buddies and I were doing keg stands and getting worse. This is the last I remembered.

The next day I woke up and had no idea where the hell I was. There was a laundry list of events that took place, however.

1. I passed out in my friend's kitchen right next to two of my other friends. We preceded to vomit on and around each other.
2. I made out with the ugliest girl in the place for like half an hour. She was nasty. Her nickname was Nasty McNasty.
3. Some older buddies of mine saw us passed out in the kitchen and decided to place their parts on our foreheads and take pictures.
4. I was found sitting in a random Jeep Cherokee listening to Eminem and sounding like complete crap trying to rap along.
5. I drove home and woke up my younger brother by trying to fight him. He then beat the crap out of my piss drunk arse.
6. My future roommate from college and high school buddy was called by my mom and came and picked me up. That's whose house I woke up at.

Number 5 is something I've regretted my whole life and since that day I have never been what I consider to be drunk. I honestly have no recollection of any of the events.

Calling little girls :-t names. FTL
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:04 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:2. I made out with the ugliest girl in the place for like half an hour. She was nasty. Her nickname was Nasty McNasty.

:-b reminds me of when my buddy got drunk and made out with some girl we called Captain Caveman
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk