Return to General Talk

New Presidential Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: New Presidential Rankings

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

So where should we spend the tax money if not to help people in need? You guys are delusional if you don't think that your tax money is being wasted on crap that's far worthless than helping major disaster victims in our own country. I can think of one: War in Iraq.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:59 pm

stevethumb wrote:i am glad to see my man JKPolk so highly rated..1848 was a key year in american history and IF polk had been elected to a second term perhaps the horrible run up to the civil war could have been avoided..Polk is a forgotten great one by the general populace..how could anyone forget the great campaign slogan, "we Polk'd 'em in '44 and we'll Pierce 'em in '52" !!

kennedy still over-rated

I didn't see this post, but I'd have to totally agree on Polk. Perhaps the most underrated President the country has ever had and the last President to have any positive impact on the office until Lincoln entered office. I still believe Taylor might have been a good one if he hadn't died so quickly.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:02 pm

My favourite Canadian Prime Minister is Lester B. Pearson.

Won the Nobel Peace Prize and refused to support the US in Vietnam and against Cuba. ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby cordscords » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Yoda wrote:So where should we spend the tax money if not to help people in need? You guys are delusional if you don't think that your tax money is being wasted on crap that's far worthless than helping major disaster victims in our own country. I can think of one: War in Iraq.

Of course it's being wasted on bigger crap, but it still doesn't excuse the government for taking my money and putting it into something I don't care for. I could snatch $20 out of your wallet and donate it to cancer research. It might be a good deed, but it doesn't negate the fact that it's theft.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:13 pm

cordscords wrote:
Yoda wrote:So where should we spend the tax money if not to help people in need? You guys are delusional if you don't think that your tax money is being wasted on crap that's far worthless than helping major disaster victims in our own country. I can think of one: War in Iraq.

Of course it's being wasted on bigger crap, but it still doesn't excuse the government for taking my money and putting it into something I don't care for. I could snatch $20 out of your wallet and donate it to cancer research. It might be a good deed, but it doesn't negate the fact that it's theft.

:-°
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:27 pm

I'm going to throw TJefferson up pretty high on my list. Downside--messy slave scandals. Upside--Declaration of Independence and Louisiana Purchase.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby RugbyD » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:I'm going to throw TJefferson up pretty high on my list. Downside--messy slave scandals. Upside--Declaration of Independence and Louisiana Purchase.

You can't apply the Declaration since it was pre-presidency, and significantly so.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -2)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:00 am

RugbyD wrote:
OneLoveBoomer wrote:I'm going to throw TJefferson up pretty high on my list. Downside--messy slave scandals. Upside--Declaration of Independence and Louisiana Purchase.

You can't apply the Declaration since it was pre-presidency, and significantly so.

Meh. Watch me as I apply it anyway.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby RugbyD » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:01 am

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
RugbyD wrote:

Meh. Watch me as I apply it anyway.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-b
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:05 am

Mookie4ever wrote:My favourite Canadian Prime Minister is Lester B. Pearson.

Won the Nobel Peace Prize and refused to support the US in Vietnam and against Cuba. ;-D

Who knew? I thought he was a hockey player.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk