Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Problems, anyone else experience this?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Problems, anyone else experience this?

Postby Wright2Reyes » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:55 pm

So i had a live draft at 5:45 pm today and everything was going fine until we hit the end of round 4, the draft room just froze and wouldn't let me scroll down. i figure my cpu crash, so i exited the room and enter the room again and nothing. I then made a post on the league home and the same thing happen to the other owners. The worst thing is that the draft kept going with everyone on auto pick mode :-P

Now we're all mad cause we don't know how to proceed, we're think of leaving Yahoo altogether and switch to espn.

What a way to kill my first live draft of the year :-t
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Problems, anyone else experience this?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Wright2Reyes wrote:So i had a live draft at 5:45 pm today and everything was going fine until we hit the end of round 4, the draft room just froze and wouldn't let me scroll down. i figure my cpu crash, so i exited the room and enter the room again and nothing. I then made a post on the league home and the same thing happen to the other owners. The worst thing is that the draft kept going with everyone on auto pick mode :-P

Now we're all mad cause we don't know how to proceed, we're think of leaving Yahoo altogether and switch to espn.

What a way to kill my first live draft of the year :-t

So customer care can put you back into a pre-draft state, no problem there. So the worst part isn't that it kept going, it is that it happened in the first place.

I've seen a few reports of this now. It definitely isn't happening to most people, but you aren't alone, and we're trying to figure out what is going on. It seems to usually happen around round 4, which seems bizarre to me, but the reports are pretty consistent. If you can PM me your league details (free vs. plus, and the league number from your URL), that may help get to the bottom of this.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Like I said, customer care can definitely reset you to a pre-draft state, so you aren't stuck with your current results; just sorry you got people together and had this happen. We're doing our best to figure out the cause.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 22)

Postby Wright2Reyes » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:05 pm

Thanks for your reply, i sent a pm to the commissioner telling him about your help, i'll wait for his reply to see how we're going to handle this. .
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Okay. I just located this bug. It is particular to leagues that are using our new option to not see forced players (i.e. wait until they are on a major league roster). The autopicking code is still selecting forced players, even though the live client cannot. Damn you, Manny Ramirez. Always causing problems.

Fixing this is probably my first priority at this point, but it may take a day or two. Until then, if you have a league that is set to see players as soon as possible, you should be fine. If you are choosing not to see players until they hit a major league roster, and are scheduled to draft in the next day or two, postponing may make your life easier.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm on it.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CadensDad » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Okay. I just located this bug. It is particular to leagues that are using our new option to not see forced players (i.e. wait until they are on a major league roster). The autopicking code is still selecting forced players, even though the live client cannot. Damn you, Manny Ramirez. Always causing problems.

Fixing this is probably my first priority at this point, but it may take a day or two. Until then, if you have a league that is set to see players as soon as possible, you should be fine. If you are choosing not to see players until they hit a major league roster, and are scheduled to draft in the next day or two, postponing may make your life easier.

thanks for all your work you've done helping us at the cafe out
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby Maris09 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:If you are choosing not to see players until they hit a major league roster, and are scheduled to draft in the next day or two, postponing may make your life easier.

Just a thought,
Maybe they can change that particular setting after the draft.
Choose the "When Yahoo adds the player" option, then draft, and then switch it afterward.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Wright2Reyes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Okay. I just located this bug. It is particular to leagues that are using our new option to not see forced players (i.e. wait until they are on a major league roster). The autopicking code is still selecting forced players, even though the live client cannot. Damn you, Manny Ramirez. Always causing problems.

Yup that's how our draft was set up, we couldn't draft Manny or O. Hudson.

Thanks for the info.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Maris09 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Another Yahoo problem I am having is accessing the "My Team" page from an iPHONE.
The page starts to load and then the internet shuts completely down.

The League page tends to work when you turn the phone sideways, however the more important My Team page does not work at all.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Wright2Reyes wrote:

Yup that's how our draft was set up, we couldn't draft Manny or O. Hudson.

Thanks for the info.

And yet if you go look at the draft results for your goofy draft, I bet Manny is on a team...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Maris09 wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:If you are choosing not to see players until they hit a major league roster, and are scheduled to draft in the next day or two, postponing may make your life easier.

Just a thought,
Maybe they can change that particular setting after the draft.
Choose the "When Yahoo adds the player" option, then draft, and then switch it afterward.

You cannot change this option post-draft for just this sort of reason; you could have owners draft players that suddenly become unavailable in the middle of the season. We didn't like the sound of that.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers