We are starting a new league in lower Westchester County, NY. We already have 4 owners. Looking for 8 more.
The NCBL (New Concept Baseball League), will be NL only, keeper, auction/snake draft league, with an FAAB budget, pickups, trades, and no charges for taxi squad moves. This league holds a live draft in lower Westchester County, NY. If interested, respond here, or contact email@example.com
I – DRAFT: NL players only. These players must be on ML roster, or on DL, or on suspension. No minor leaguers can be drafted. No farm players.
- The draft will consist of an auction of 14 players to select the starting team, and a snake of 10 rounds for the taxi squad.
- Salary for draft for 14 players = $79.
- First player selected for taxi has $10 salary, 2nd player, $9...10th player is $1. The total salaries of 10 players on taxi = $55. This totals $134 (79 + 55) for 24 players.
II - DRAFT DATE:
Sunday 3/29 at 10:30AM ???
I - ROSTERS –
14 man roster with 10 man Taxi:
1 – C
1 – 1B
1 – 2B
1 – 3B
1 – SS
3 – OF
1 - UTL - can only be a hitter
3 - Starting Pitchers
2 - Relief Pitchers
- There will be 3 franchise players per team, designated at the end of the draft. (Franchise players can ONLY be traded for other franchise players.)
- Teams are allowed 6 keepers for the following year, which MUST include the 3 franchise players. Franchise players can be dropped only in the off-season. You cannot franchise a player that already has a 3 year contract.
- Players drafted have 3 year contracts. Franchise players have 4 year contracts.
III -SCORING –
ROTO scoring 5X5
V – FAAB (FREE AGENT ACQUISITION BUDGET) –
All teams will have a Free Agent Acquisition Budget of 250, from the beginning of the season, until August 31.
VI – FEES
- Entry fee is $134, plus stat fee, approx $11-$13, depending on amount of teams.
- Transaction fees are as follows:
5.00 – per player for pickups
10.00 - per team for trades
- FAAB Fees:
10.00, plus the bid amount. Example: If you bid 6.50 for Sandy Koufax, you are charged 16.50.)
- Taxi squad moves:
There is no fee for taxi squad moves.
XII – PRIZES:
BASED ON 9 - 10 TEAMS.
4TH: 10 %
BASED ON 11 – 13 TEAMS
BASED ON 8 TEAMS
- There will be $50 awarded to the winner of each category, totaling $500.
XIII - TIE-BREAKERS FOR FINAL STANDINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- most categories
2ND TIE-BREAKER IS MOST RUNS SCORED
- most runs scored (if tied in categories)
3RD TIE BREAKER IS MOST INNINGS PITCHED
- innings pitched
If a tie still exists, credits will be split between the teams.
XV - STAT SITE:
- CBS Sportsline will be the official site.