Return to Baseball Leftovers

Draft just ended and already a garbage trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft just ended and already a garbage trade

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:11 pm

Draft ended a half hour ago and someone just traded Prior,Mussina,Sosa and Randa for Oswalt,Mulder,H.Matsui,and O.Perez.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Dude86 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:15 pm

What an odd trade. Every player on the Prior side is better than every player on the Oswalt side.
Dude86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Joe Mauer » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:19 pm

I agree.....quite odd indeed :-?

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Steve Kemp » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:19 pm

sounds like a trade offer made based on favorite players or teams....OR...this person is a moron.

Some guy in my league offered me Sheffield/Schmidt for Beckett/Cameron 8-o ...i accepted and of course it was vetoed
Alan Trammell should be in the Hall
Steve Kemp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 am

Steve Kemp wrote:sounds like a trade offer made based on favorite players or teams....OR...this person is a moron.

Some guy in my league offered me Sheffield/Schmidt for Beckett/Cameron 8-o ...i accepted and of course it was vetoed

If Schmidt doesn't recover quickly, and Sheffield suffers ill effects of coming off the steroids, that could actually be a good trade.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:29 am

Leiter Fan wrote:
Steve Kemp wrote:sounds like a trade offer made based on favorite players or teams....OR...this person is a moron.

If Schmidt doesn't recover quickly, and Sheffield suffers ill effects of coming off the steroids, that could actually be a good trade.

First of all, Schmidt is already recovered and throwing as good as he was last year. Second of all, Sheffield is better than Beckett and Cameron combined. It would take a season ending injury to Schmidt in the pre-season and a 60-day DL stint for Sheffield to make that trade fair. Oh yeah, and a career year for Beckett who has never won 10 games in a season.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:55 am

LBJackal wrote:
Leiter Fan wrote:

First of all, Schmidt is already recovered and throwing as good as he was last year. Second of all, Sheffield is better than Beckett and Cameron combined. It would take a season ending injury to Schmidt in the pre-season and a 60-day DL stint for Sheffield to make that trade fair. Oh yeah, and a career year for Beckett who has never won 10 games in a season.

Schmidt has only thrown two innings since his surgery and he gave up 4 runs. If you consider that to be "as good as he was last year" then you need to lay off the drugs, dude.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Trade

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:59 am

Don't count on it yet. I traded Berroa and Halladay for Renteria and K. Wells and my league vetoed it. Yours may get vetoed too. BTW could someone tell me why my trade would be vetoed? I thought it was an equitable trade. Thanks

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Kelly Gruber » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:01 am

Bartolo Colon has an ERA of 27 since his start in spring training. Does that mean he should not be touched with a 10 foot pole? Hells no.

Spring training stats do not mean anything unless they show a player excelling at something he did not do before (ex. Juan Pierre hitting home runs or Jim Thome stealing bases!)

Shmidt is awesome - you'll see
Sheff will not have the same year as last year, but he's good and on the Yankees so he'll have a good year
An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer
Kelly Gruber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers