Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderator: smoovethug

Re: General Commentary 2009

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:22 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:I'll wear it for the season if someone makes a league logo...I'm thinking a frozen baseball but by all means use your creative mind to think of something

I'm thinking a chimpanzee licking a baseball............oh wait :-b
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:26 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:I'll wear it for the season if someone makes a league logo...I'm thinking a frozen baseball but by all means use your creative mind to think of something

do you want it a certain size? avatar size? sig size? some other size?
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:have we really not moved yet? %-6

ZOMG tell me about it.
I can only watch repeats of Forest Gump and writes posts about Jim Bowden for so long X-I

And you know it'll take this long and he'll pick who I want. !+)
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby fezzik » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 pm

I really don't care how slow we go as long as we finish before the season starts. That being said...if we continue at the pace we've set the last couple days, we aren't going to finish in time. 3-4 picks per day aren't enough. I understand the 24 clock, but I think of it more as a fail safe in case someone goes to sleep, wakes up late for work (unable to check the forums), and isn't able to make a pick until they get home. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of it when you need it, but I think a complete lack of urgency could end up straining us for time in the end. ;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)

Postby RedBullVodka » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Fade is in The Brushback league with me. Another manager took his picks in that league, so I've asked the obvious question, and apparently he was out of town Fri and Sat, but is expected back very soon.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:17 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:Fade is in The Brushback league with me. Another manager took his picks in that league, so I've asked the obvious question, and apparently he was out of town Fri and Sat, but is expected back very soon.

he also left his picks in the cafeholics noob league. apparently this league doesnt matter as much as the others.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
fezzik wrote:I really don't care how slow we go as long as we finish before the season starts. That being said...if we continue at the pace we've set the last couple days, we aren't going to finish in time. 3-4 picks per day aren't enough. I understand the 24 clock, but I think of it more as a fail safe in case someone goes to sleep, wakes up late for work (unable to check the forums), and isn't able to make a pick until they get home. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of it when you need it, but I think a complete lack of urgency could end up straining us for time in the end. ;-D

agreed. not to mention, i would like to have a week or so before the season starts to talk some trade and get my team in order.

taking 12 hours to pick each time is just not acceptable to me.

Maybe we need to shorten the clock either at some predetermined date or round.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League