Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderator: smoovethug

Re: General Commentary 2009

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:03 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i say to just end it all, everyone is eligible with no minor league system. keep the prospect among your 10 if you wish.

i agree for the most part, though i would be somewhat worried of someone who had a bad team in last place just dropping their weaker players for prospects to keep the next year. that's why i was thinking we should include that players can't be kept if they are still minors eligible.

no matter how bad the team, i would think you could muster up 10 solid keeper options.

That's what I was thinking. How many minor league eligible players are actually being drafted in mixed leagues this year in the first 10-15 rounds? *edit* is probably one of the the few guys and I doubt he'd be a top 10 keeper from last year. You'd have to be really really really bad to want to keep minor eligible players.

*edit* sorry, trying to keep the GC thread name-free.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fezzik » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:32 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
fezzik wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:if we're not going to have a minor league draft I think we should just go ahead with what we were doing before. I wouldn't want anyone to have their plans altered

Well that's the thing isn't it...I thought what we were doing was drafting using the more restrictive database. The topic hadn't been brought up, so I just wanted an affirmation. Then confusion ensued... ;-)

im saying, if people are against a minor league system, lets just use no restriction.

I know what you're saying Snakes. I just wanted to point out that "what we were doing before" could be interpreted in different ways by different managers. ;-D

I'm excited about the draft and this league however the poll comes out...I hope everyone feels the same way. :-)
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:04 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i say to just end it all, everyone is eligible with no minor league system. keep the prospect among your 10 if you wish.

i agree for the most part, though i would be somewhat worried of someone who had a bad team in last place just dropping their weaker players for prospects to keep the next year. that's why i was thinking we should include that players can't be kept if they are still minors eligible.

So if you can't keep them, what's the point of having any kind of Minors restriction or even a MiLB system? This is what I referred to before. There should be no difference in having a prospect as a keeper if someone wanted them to be if we're not going to have any sort of MiLB system.

Let me sum this up this up with a question that I don't even know the answer too:

Are we going to use a MiLB System?

If no, unrestricted database, wieters can be drafted(why not?).

If yes, I vote for restricted database, MiLB draft for prospects that have no MLB experience. But I think we need to agree on having the MiLB system in the first place. Because the way it sounds everyone is talking about a different part of the system, some want, some don't, some don't care.

Figure this out first and then talk about provisions if any.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -108)

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:36 am

Was gonna make my pick... but the thread was locked.

Are we on lockdown until we resolve the debate about minors?
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:43 am

we decided before the draft that we aren't having a minors draft until next year, so i think thats what we should stay with. therefore i think wieters and other minors leaguers should be able to be draft this year and then the rule can kick in next year where minors eligible players go in the minors draft.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 am

bobbing_headz wrote:Was gonna make my pick... but the thread was locked.

ya draft is paused until we get this figured out.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:47 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Was gonna make my pick... but the thread was locked.

ya draft is paused until we get this figured out.

Sweet, more time ;-D :-D :-°
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:50 am

i have only two points to make, if someone disagrees please explain why and how you would do it differently.

1. We already decided pre-draft that we would incorporate a minors system starting with the 2010 season.
2. Since we are not having a minors draft this year, managers should be able to draft whoever they want in the majors draft.

it is silly to me that a player should be deemed undraftable going into a season. every player should be eligible to be drafted on to a team in some way, either minors or majors. since there is no minors i don't see how you can prevent someone from adding a player who they deem the most valuable option to their team.

thoughts?
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League