Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderator: smoovethug

Re: General Commentary 2011

Postby fezzik » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:07 am

Fade2White12 wrote:
fezzik wrote:7.06 Hideki Kuroda, SP, LAD

:-b

Lol. I was I a huge hurry. Just trying to get my pick in quickly...glad I put the team name and position so there was no confusion. :)
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:05 am

dAnzac wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:
fezzik wrote:7.06 Hideki Kuroda, SP, LAD

:-b

Fade2White12 wrote:7.08 James Sheilds, SP, TB

:-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b
:-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

Mine was obviously intentional.

Or maybe not... :*)
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:15 pm

dAnzac wrote:Yes, that's who I was referring to. (He didn't even qualify for my spreadsheet 8-o ).
And yes I am very happy now you drafted someone on my AVOID list, thanks for asking :-D :-D

Well, I figure that he did rank 64 with his luck fused season (BBM 6x6) and I got him at 199, there's lots of room for his correction to still make him a good SP4 pick. Oakland's defense is still superb, the ballpark is cavernous, and Tim Hudson made a good career out of low strikeouts, highest GB%, and low BABIP. He's not risky to me in the 17th round, people are out of their minds taking him in like Rounds 11/12 as a SP3.

Besides, I have Doc and Kershaw, I can draft Ollie Perez and still win pitching matchups. ;-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby TheRock » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Draft is set up at CM. You should see it listed on the main page. Password is "Sheilds".

Sign up in your appropriate round 1 spot. DO NOT TURN ON THE AUTO FEATURE YET. So no "A", no "AQ", no "Q1", no Q2. We need to enter what's been completed so far before we can pick up with new picks going forward. If your queue is on you'll screw up past rounds.

A word about position eligibility. CM uses 20 starts at a position I think, whereas Yahoo is ok with 10. Meaning CM doesn't think certain players are eligible where you plan to play them. I know Lind is an example - he's listed only as DH, but is eligible in Yahoo! at 1B/OF. So I made some roster spots a bit more flexible, you will likely have to shuffle people around a bit. What we don't want is someone having to draft a player they don't want in the last round because CM doesn't think they have a 2B. Hopefully we'll be ok.

I have no idea how to account for players on MiLB teams. I guess youse guys just gotta rely on your own records and not trust CM to tell you who's available.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby Third Day » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:37 pm

TheRock wrote:Draft is set up at CM. You should see it listed on the main page. Password is "Sheilds".

Sign up in your appropriate round 1 spot. DO NOT TURN ON THE AUTO FEATURE YET. So no "A", no "AQ", no "Q1", no Q2. We need to enter what's been completed so far before we can pick up with new picks going forward. If your queue is on you'll screw up past rounds.

A word about position eligibility. CM uses 20 starts at a position I think, whereas Yahoo is ok with 10. Meaning CM doesn't think certain players are eligible where you plan to play them. I know Lind is an example - he's listed only as DH, but is eligible in Yahoo! at 1B/OF. So I made some roster spots a bit more flexible, you will likely have to shuffle people around a bit. What we don't want is someone having to draft a player they don't want in the last round because CM doesn't think they have a 2B. Hopefully we'll be ok.

I have no idea how to account for players on MiLB teams. I guess youse guys just gotta rely on your own records and not trust CM to tell you who's available.

Coachmanagers won't let me join unless I pay.

Maybe we should just come to the realization that if people can't be bothered to make their picks in a timely manner that they're probably not going to be real active during the year and the league isn't going to do well anyway.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)

Postby TheRock » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Third Day wrote:Coachmanagers won't let me join unless I pay.

Maybe we should just come to the realization that if people can't be bothered to make their picks in a timely manner that they're probably not going to be real active during the year and the league isn't going to do well anyway.

Sorry, I didn't hit the 'apply credit' button. Try now.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Third Day » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Got in. I have a question. How do the players we have already drafted get entered?
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)

Postby TheRock » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Third Day wrote:Got in. I have a question. How do the players we have already drafted get entered?

The draft manager (that's me/RBV/Rockets) can draft for any player. As soon as we're full, we can enter all past picks.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League