Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderator: smoovethug

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:15 pm

i got the ball rolling on a gf replacement.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Third Day » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Rockets.....I'm still interested if you're still in need of an owner.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Third Day wrote:Rockets.....I'm still interested if you're still in need of an owner.

I vouch for TD. ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Since fantasy football is over, time to head on back. ;-D

I think what we need to determine is:
1.) Do we change draft orders for the MiLB draft?
2.) Do we allow one, some (or all) of your MiLB players who passed the 130/50 threshold the previous year to be kept an additional year on your MiLB roster?

I vote no to #1, as I like the idea of giving the consolation bracket some meaning. The last place teams already get the advantage of the first MLB picks. I vote yes to #2, but each player you decide to keep on your MiLB roster above the threshold must be one of your final 8. So if I wanted to carry Neil Walker over on my MiLB roster this year, it would be at the expense of someone else.

I'd also like some clarification on what GP posted in the Holics forum about the new vacancy:
Grounded Polo wrote:We keep 10 guys, it's not long term, this is the last year that guys originally drafted to teams and never traded can be kept by original owners. Essentially, Pujols, Longo, Wright, Hanley, and other top tier guys can be drafted next year unless they get traded, then they get kept by the new owner for an additional year. I assume we'll be seeing a ton of blockbuster deals this year, should be good, would be better if we didn't lose to Aussie Dodger again. :-*

I want to make sure we're all on the same page for how long players can be kept. Since players are allowed to be kept 4 times, I was under the impression that those we originally drafted in '09 wouldn't become FAs until '14: '09 to '10 (1), '10 to '11 (2), '11 to '12 (3), '12 to '13 (4). So this season is only the 2nd of 4.

Also, if we trade someone, they're able to be kept an additional year?
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Third Day » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for inviting me.

Two quick questions. What place did my team finish last season and are my rosters on the roster threads up to date?
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League