Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderator: smoovethug

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:02 am

AussieDodger wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
vernon wells sucks.


Yes he does


LOL, he can still suck and Cito Gaston will give him 600 at bats in the clean up spot. :-b


Why TO is gonna come last :(
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 748
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 am

smoovethug wrote:7.07 Ted Lilly, SP, CHC


Manager Lou Piniella said that no timetable has been set for Lilly's (shoulder/illness) return to the rotation, the Cubs' official site reports. "I haven't pressed (pitching coach Larry Rothschild) for any details," Piniella said. "When [Lilly] is ready, we'll get him going. I think he'll miss the first two weeks, probably the first month of the season."


:-?
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11301
(Past Year: -37)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:57 am

Oh great, Nathan for potential Tommy John. My season is starting off swell :-t
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 748
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:59 am

At least for you it's just a closer (albeit one of the best). It could have been worse - like, say, your Prince Fielder. !+)
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3846
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby fezzik » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:43 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Oh great, Nathan for potential Tommy John. My season is starting off swell :-t


Considering your keepers the rest of us need things like this to befall your team in order to level the playing field...now it's Fade's turn to fall prey to an injury or two. }:-)
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2412
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:11 pm

fezzik wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Oh great, Nathan for potential Tommy John. My season is starting off swell :-t


Considering your keepers the rest of us need things like this to befall your team in order to level the playing field...now it's Fade's turn to fall prey to an injury or two. }:-)


Yeah, because my keepers led me to a 7th place finish. ;-7
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3846
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby fezzik » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
fezzik wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Oh great, Nathan for potential Tommy John. My season is starting off swell :-t


Considering your keepers the rest of us need things like this to befall your team in order to level the playing field...now it's Fade's turn to fall prey to an injury or two. }:-)


Yeah, because my keepers led me to a 7th place finish. ;-7


Are you really trying to argue that your keepers (along with bobbing) aren't the best in the league?

1.) Justin Upton
2.) Matt Holliday
3.) Jose Reyes
4.) Pablo Sandoval
5.) Joey Votto
6.) Kevin Youkilis
7.) Shin-soo Choo
8.) Zack Greinke
9.) Justin Verlander
10.) Ricky Nolasco

Sorry you didn't do well last season, but I don't think you can blame your players... ;-7 :-D
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2412
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 pm

fezzik wrote:
Are you really trying to argue that your keepers (along with bobbing) aren't the best in the league?


He can't be, mine are better O:-)


fezzik wrote:Sorry you didn't do well last season, but I don't think you can blame your players...


OH NO YOU DID-N'T!!!!!!!!!!

Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11301
(Past Year: -37)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:47 pm

fezzik wrote:Sorry you didn't do well last season, but I don't think you can blame your players... ;-7 :-D


It was all just part of my plan. Win the consolation bracket to get Heyward and build my MiLB dynasty, then conquer for years to come.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3846
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby fezzik » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
fezzik wrote:Sorry you didn't do well last season, but I don't think you can blame your players... ;-7 :-D


It was all just part of my plan. Win the consolation bracket to get Heyward and build my MiLB dynasty, then conquer for years to come.


With your keepers you're off to a nice start. ;-D
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2412
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron