Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderator: smoovethug

Re: General Commentary 2010

Postby smoovethug » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Keep 10.

No clock restarting.

Same positions, cats, no 3rd DL.

MLB rookie limitations...130 AB / 50 IP.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -271)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:08 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i think 10 MILB players is far too many. especially if we really feel like this league is going to last 3+ years. i say 5 to start off, with the ability to add a couple mid season maybe? maybe 5 + 3 in-season moves? ?

Changed your tune?

Snakes Gould wrote:3. i really dont think a minor league system is worth the trouble of tracking and claiming and all that jazz if we're only keeping 8 players. more often than not you wont want to keep the minor leaguer over one of your top 8 players on your roster.

;-7

I'm happy to have less then 10 MiLB, if that's what the majority want BTW.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 am

I think 10 MILB is overkill. I like Snakes' idea of 5 before the season and adding some more in-season.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 am

What would be the logistics of adding the three at midseason? Snakes, I assume you want to do it like LFoD, where people have the ability to pick up a few players throughout the season (as they become available on Yahoo!) and demote them to their farm system? If so, I'd be fine with that.

MiLB:
- 5 Rounds.
- Only players with rookie eligibility (<130AB/50IP) can be drafted.
- MiLB Picks/Players can be traded (so you can technically have more or less than 5 picks in the draft).
- Players are able to promote/demote their picks at will throughout the season.
- Up to three farm pickups can be made throughout the season: This can only be done by actually picking them up in Yahoo!, and then announcing their demotion to your farm team.
- You can carry over any of your MiLB players to the next season as long as they retain their rookie status.
- We continue to have a 5 round draft every additional year.

I think this is pretty exhaustive and how I'd prefer to structure the league.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:13 am

- You can carry over any of your MiLB players to the next season as long as they retain their rookie status.

I think the rule should be that MiLB players can all be kept, as long as they aren't promoted. Once they're promoted then they're part of the regular keeper pool.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:42 am

bobbing_headz wrote:

I think the rule should be that MiLB players can all be kept, as long as they aren't promoted. Once they're promoted then they're part of the regular keeper pool.

Can you expand on what you mean there? Are you saying that any player you'd promote during the season either has to be kept or put back in the pool, even if under the 150/30 limits? Not a huge fan of that. Not much of a reason to bring up any of your September callups.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby RedBullVodka » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Hey guys!

Just to let you know I'm in. I'm also hellishly busy at work, and so have less time to peruse the message boards than at this time last year, but definitely want to participate.

I'm happy that you guys will come to a good consensus on any topic up for discussion, but if there is anything specific that you need my input on (i.e we come down to a vote), if you can shoot me an email with the question, I'll respond as quickly as possible.

Regards

Mike
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:23 pm

If you want to short the minors draft, we can do 5 rounds but allow people to still have up to 8-10 guys on a team. I assume that people won't be going for the same guys once the 60 or so prospects are taken.

5 guys is pretty limiting, my other keeper has 3 and it's basically a strange hold, definitely want at least 8.

Ditto on the no giving guys supplemental drafts first dibs at the draft pool. I'd gladly drop Kazmir and take my chances. I wouldn't want my #2 pick to become a #15 or something.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League