Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderator: smoovethug

Re: General Commentary 2009

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:59 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:if you think anyone is intentionally "tanking" as in losing on purpose, then they deserve to be kicked out of the league. if you guys think thats my team, then go ahead.

With the luck you've had you don't really need to tank. !+)

Snakes Gould wrote: (i bet aussie 7-5!)

Really? I didn't notice. Congrats.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:22 am

Snakes Gould wrote:ive never been in a league where the consolation bracket meant anything. i also think its pretty stupid to even compare the 7th place team (currently aussie who is 14 games out of 1st) to my team or wicked's. he may or may not make the playoffs, and he could easily finish as high as 4th. to have a team like mine compete with his with the 1st pick next year is pretty stupid. i think we all know who deserves that pick.

if you think anyone is intentionally "tanking" as in losing on purpose, then they deserve to be kicked out of the league. if you guys think thats my team, then go ahead.

+1. Me, Snakes, and Wicked have been out of the equation for awhile now. My team has TWO victories since Week 7, it's pretty ugly. It's kinda silly to give the better teams even more help heading into next season. It's nice and all to try and make the consolation bracket interesting but I'm either first place or bust, I don't care what my Yahoo performance rating says if I offer some lopsided trades that kill me for this season but set me up for next year. I would have done it with this team if I had the spare parts. It shouldn't be a big deal if the consolation teams basically stop being active once the playoffs start, it doesn't change anything with the league champ bracket and no one will do anything silly like drop useful players here.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby fezzik » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 pm

It really doesn't matter to me. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. We probably should have made these decisions before the season began, so if there's some standard way of doing it...perhaps we should do that. I've always done it the way I noted, and was wondering if the bottom teams would have a problem with it. Everyone I've played with has always really enjoyed the format, but it has always been decided before the season...so there were no complaints. I definitely think it's the most fun/competitive way to do it, but I understand the reasoning behind opposing the idea.

So what would be the alternative here? You take the inverse order of the bottom six teams based on regular season standings? Then after that comes the inverse order of the top six teams based on final playoff finishes?
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:38 am

Newsflash:

Angel Guzman is worse then Hitler.

Regards,

AussieDodger.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:21 am

I'm still cool with the helping bad teams not be awful movement, including giving them first dibs with a minor league draft.

Ouch @ 92 innings and 2 wins to show for it this week. :*)
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:43 am

not a good week for me though i managed to luck out streaming on the last day and take a couple of categories, team is really gonna need to step it up next week if i'm gonna make the playoffs.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League