Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderator: smoovethug

Re: General Commentary 2009

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:24 am

I think your keepers are pretty clear-cut, IMO (at least at this point in the season).

Howard
ODog
Longoria
Drew
Lee
Ludwick
Hawpe
Cruz
CC
Peavy
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:27 am

Also, thought I should ask the Commish what our offseason trading policy is. The inseason trade deadline is August 9th, but I assume trading will be open once the season ends?
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby fezzik » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:I think your keepers are pretty clear-cut, IMO (at least at this point in the season).

Howard
ODog
Longoria
Drew
Lee
Ludwick
Hawpe
Cruz
CC
Peavy

That's an accurate list...but if Cliff Lee and Wandy keep doing what they've been doing lately, it will become more difficult...and they seem to have found a groove, so I was just assuming they would finish the season strong. I don't know who I could remove from that list to make it happen, but their continued production would definitely make me have to think. If we can keep 14 I could throw in Doumit and Bailey as well. O:-)

Edit: I have a feeling ODog, who's production has dropped off after a hot start, will end up being displaced by either C. Lee or Wandy. The decision between those two looks like it could be tough. If Wandy continues to dominate, it's going to have to be him...more K potential.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)

Postby fezzik » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Do the final standings dictate the draft order for next season? If so, how?
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Cellar Dwellers pick first, the good teams pick last.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby fezzik » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Cellar Dwellers pick first, the good teams pick last.

Okay, but is it a straight reversal of final standings (ie. 12th picks first, 11th second, etc.), or is there an ordering system in place to reduce tanking in the consolation bracket (ie. the first six picks for next season follow the ordering of the finishers in the consolation bracket...7th picks first, 8th second, ...12 sixth, 6th picks 7th, 5th picks 8, 4th picks 9th, ...1st picks 12th)?

In all my keeper leagues we've always done some form of the latter, but is there some sort of standardized way to do it? I don't think we've discussed it, so I figured I'd ask. ;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:20 am

fezzik wrote:

Okay, but is it a straight reversal of final standings (ie. 12th picks first, 11th second, etc.), or is there an ordering system in place to reduce tanking in the consolation bracket (ie. the first six picks for next season follow the ordering of the finishers in the consolation bracket...7th picks first, 8th second, ...12 sixth, 6th picks 7th, 5th picks 8, 4th picks 9th, ...1st picks 12th)?

In all my keeper leagues we've always done some form of the latter, but is there some sort of standardized way to do it? I don't think we've discussed it, so I figured I'd ask. ;-D

i would much prefer this way, feel like it gives people something to play for in the playoffs and forces people not to tank.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:06 am

fezzik wrote:

We're not going to tank, our teams are just not very good so we fall to the bottom naturally. ;-7

If someone is going to tank, I'd rather just boot them out of the league. Granted, it doesn't sound as unbiased when my team is in the cellar but they've actually been playing much better lately. The terrible teams need to be thrown a bone, look at Snakes roster, it's just awful. ;-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League