Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary 2013

Moderator: smoovethug

Re: General Commentary 2009

Postby fezzik » Sat May 09, 2009 2:05 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:no, i couldn't care less. i am a giants fan over a fantasy fan, and i think it's hilarious that the Dodgers lose him for 1/3 of the season.

Could/couldn't. I wasn't concerned with linguistics - more that you couldn't care less about what happens in this league. %-6

real life + money leagues quite outweigh this league by a pretty big margin. that's not to say that i won't still own on you guys, so don't worry about me flaking or anything.

It's too bad you feel that way. I'm in a money league and a more casual league with friends, but I find this league to be the most competitive...so it is my favorite. A true challenge of fantasy skills and wills. Hopefully you're of the same mindset, so when your team misses out on the playoffs this year it will motivate you to prove your worth in 2010.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun May 10, 2009 7:54 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:Aussie, our matchup next week in the Evans league should be much more entertaining than this one. I'm just mopping the floor with who I assume is Genie this week, 139.5 points tonight and I have an outside shot at being the first to reach 600 because I have Greinke going again tomorrow. :-D

Too bad this team has just become disgustingly bad. Everyone has been worthless for 3 weeks in a row. :-P

To be honest I'm not that excited about the Evans league.
I haven't played in points leagues before, and I'm not really liking it.
My team is pretty good (for someone who got auto-picked for their 1st 2 picks) but it doesn't fascinate me as much as my Cold Stove team or 20 team dynasty does.

I vill cresh yew though, make no mistake. }:-)

I haven't played in a points league in like 7-8 years. That league is pretty cruise control because you need 10 man rotations to keep up. I haven't blown out any opponent in innings yet, thrown fewer in my last 3 matchups and only pitched 10 and 7 more innings than my first 2. It is pretty nuts how some people are getting completely blown out in innings, like by 30 or more. I had a good draft anyway with Votto, Greinke, Cueto, Volstad, Flores, Scutaro, etc (NOT ISHIKAWA :-P ) so that's keeping me engaged, would be 5-0 if I kept it closer in innings last week. I wouldn't be surprised if there were less than 3 trades all year there.

This team has gotten better in the past few days, not enough to make a dent in your smackdown but hopefully enough to keep me from being below Snakes, a guy who clearly punted this season for the future. That would be shameful.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 12, 2009 1:14 am

RocketsDWM wrote:How is Aussie in first? Something is terribly wrong with the universe. :-D

Because my guys don't waste energy hitting 23 HRs in a week. ;-7
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu May 21, 2009 9:12 am

Considering I drafted Quentin, Soto, Kazmir, Peralta, and Delgado, those top 3 predictions for my team are looking like quite a nice fantasy now. :-P

If anyone wants Kazmir, I'll take anyone who can hit home runs, I have zero power.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri May 22, 2009 5:38 am

Hey Fezzie can you ask your brother to pitch well for me on Saturday?
Thanks. ;-D

;-7
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fezzik » Fri May 22, 2009 11:50 am

AussieDodger wrote:Hey Fezzie can you ask your brother to pitch well for me on Saturday?
Thanks. ;-D

;-7

Sure thing! I guess he lost an "e". Have I posted my real name on here? WTH is going on! Do I have a cross-continental stalker? ;-7 :-b
Oh yeah, it's in my email address from our league page... :-D

What's funnier is that I'm taking some graduate courses at Fresno State and the guy who was named College World Series MVP plays here, and his name is Steve Detwiler...phonetically identical to my own. I had never heard of anyone else with my last name other than a character in Sound of Music and the Rugrats cartoon.

So anyway, I get free drinks from bars around campus...I'm the MVP after all. Most Viable Phony ;-)
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby AussieDodger » Fri May 22, 2009 1:31 pm

fezzik wrote:What's funnier is that I'm taking some graduate courses at Fresno State and the guy who was named College World Series MVP plays here, and his name is Steve Detwiler...

Are you a Steve and not a Stephen?
Booooo :-t

Your brother is so going to pwn tomorrow. Baltimore have like a .630 OPS vs LHP. :-L
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fezzik » Fri May 22, 2009 2:09 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
fezzik wrote:What's funnier is that I'm taking some graduate courses at Fresno State and the guy who was named College World Series MVP plays here, and his name is Steve Detwiler...

Your brother is so going to pwn tomorrow. Baltimore have like a .630 OPS vs LHP. :-L

Actually I am Stephen...with a "ph"...and when called "Steve" I politely make the correction. ;-D

But I've found that people without my name don't really pay attention to the difference between Steve/Steven/Stephen. That begs the question...how do you know my name is "Stephen" with a "ph"...oh yeah, I made a comment about it in a Stephen Drew thread. :-b You're starting to scare me Aussie. :-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby AussieDodger » Fri May 22, 2009 10:43 pm

fezzik wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

Actually I am Stephen...with a "ph"...and when called "Steve" I politely make the correction. ;-D

But I've found that people without my name don't really pay attention to the difference between Steve/Steven/Stephen. That begs the question...how do you know my name is "Stephen" with a "ph"...oh yeah, I made a comment about it in a Stephen Drew thread. :-b You're starting to scare me Aussie. :-D

LOL I have a good memory for stupid little details like that. :-b
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League