jfg wrote:I received my 1000 points today but nothing is available even though it's showing as available when I'm just browsing through it. Bioshock has been out for years. Did I just trade a game in for the chance of getting games months from now?
Here are some tips for you:
1. Go put as many games as you can in your hold list. You move up the line while it's on hold
2. New games usually have a line but requesting Disc Only will help you get the game WAY quicker.
3. Monday at 11PM Mountain time is the "New Release Time" this means that new games are added to the system. The closer to this time you request a new game (but not before the time) the better chance of a good spot.
4. Sometimes you wait months for games but those are generally only rare/new games. Get in line early or put disc only.
5. Sometimes I trade for games and then ebay them for some extra cash which I use towards a game I'm back in line for.
6. Trading INFO is your friend. Bioshock for x360 has 9 Active Full Package requests waiting for the game. HOWEVER, there are 7 trades going on right now. You can pretty much guess that the game will trade at least 7 times a week due to that. So you could get your game quickly.
Note on DISC ONLY. Trading for Disc Only on new games is beneficial because A: It's still easy to trade back out B: sometimes you get Full Package from nice people. Remember disc only is only the MINIMUM package you can receive.
I personally trade for alot of disc only games. However, realize that Burnout Paradise (which I just traded for disc only) probably will take a long time to send out in that condition because there are 3 Full Package offers ahead of it. This game might be an Ebayer for me or something.
I'm acsguitar over there as well if you have any question feel free to ask me here or there. Once you get a hang of the site it's really great. Start adding games now!