Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any Commissioner's Nightmare Stories?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Angels02and04 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:55 pm

Nope, but I am a commish and I had a nightmare the other day. Everything was fine and the draft was 30 minutes away and people started going into the draft room and 3 people had computer problems. I guy had his computer completely crash 15 before and it still isn't working and another guy was able to get into the draft room but the player screen wouldnt load and he was unable to draft any players so it just drafted by rankings as if he wasn't even there. After that happened I voided the draft in the 2nd round and told everyone to leave the room and we would redo the league at a later time. I normally would have just gone on, but for a person to be in the room and to not get the players he wanted is unfair in my opinion.
Angels02and04
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:10 am

Back when Yahoo made you set up draft order in advance. I had a guy drop from my league on draft day because he had #12 pick, even though the order was posted a week in advance.

It then totally reorganized the draft order basing it on when people signed up for the league. I ended up getting 1st pick instead of 4th. I had based my drafting strategy all around getting Pedro with the 4th pick but I ended up getting ARod with the first pick and pretty much winged it. I ended up drafting a team with just not enough pitching and waaay too many HR's. Came in 2nd.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers