Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS Commissioner service is open

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby fast dogs » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:38 pm

didn't really expect it so early,but there it is; complete with a small price increase to $149.95. Still not bad as so many here have said
When asking for roster advice in these pages, remember there are thousands of different sets of league rules & many different active roster settings. If you want the best replies, be sure to include your leagues particulars in the original post
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby noseeum » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:43 pm

fast dogs wrote:didn't really expect it so early,but there it is; complete with a small price increase to $149.95. Still not bad as so many here have said

I would expect they have a discount pretty soon. I'm waiting...
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 pm

noseeum wrote:
fast dogs wrote:didn't really expect it so early,but there it is; complete with a small price increase to $149.95. Still not bad as so many here have said

wow...the $149.99 is currently "discounted" from $179.99...i dont remember it being that much in years past (i thought it was more like $119.99)...that's getting pretty steep (although i guess it's only about $2 more a person for my 12 team league)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby noseeum » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
noseeum wrote:

wow...the $149.99 is currently "discounted" from $179.99...i dont remember it being that much in years past (i thought it was more like $119.99)...that's getting pretty steep (although i guess it's only about $2 more a person for my 12 team league)

You're right. Wow. $149 is the discount? I think last year it was $149 or $119 with the discount. Dammit!
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:21 pm

It's amazing what people think is expensive.

How much time you spend on your fantasy league each day?

At least 30 minutes a day, right? Maybe even an hour or more?

$150 per league / 12 teams = $12.50 per team / 24 weeks in the season = $0.52 per team per week / 7 days in the week = $.08 per team per day / 1.5 hours a day = $.05 per hour.

You are spending a nickel an hour on Sportsline.

And really, most every league also costs money. Sportsline may be $30 more than ESPN or Yahoo or whatever, but if you do the math, you are talking about like 3 cents a day difference per team.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby noseeum » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:It's amazing what people think is expensive.

How much time you spend on your fantasy league each day?

At least 30 minutes a day, right? Maybe even an hour or more?

$150 per league / 12 teams = $12.50 per team / 24 weeks in the season = $0.52 per team per week / 7 days in the week = $.08 per team per day / 1.5 hours a day = $.05 per hour.

You are spending a nickel an hour on Sportsline.

And really, most every league also costs money. Sportsline may be $30 more than ESPN or Yahoo or whatever, but if you do the math, you are talking about like 3 cents a day difference per team.

I didn't say it was too expensive. I'm happily paying this price, but I can voice my discontent at a 25% increase in one year no matter what. I'd happily pay $200, but don't tell them that. :-D
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby barrylevine23 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:04 pm

does anyone know if you are starting with cbs commissioner for the first time how to input keepers (4) and then set it to have a live draft for the remaining players?
barrylevine23
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Matthias » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Last year it was $129.95, I think, with no discounts. Instead they had their $50 Referral Fees.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kemper5 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:01 pm

Im going into my 3rd year as a commish and still have not got a dime from last years "Promised" $50 referral program, Ive sent 3 messages to them (Since mid Nov) via my CBS league homepage, and they keep telling me the $$ has not been sent out yet. My commish friends have received theirs..Weird!?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby neoforce » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Do they have a referral fee again this year? How does that work?
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers