I am recruiting for two leagues that I commish at Mendoza Baseball. Mendoza Baseball is a unique franchise ownership simulation game that is designed to simulate the economics, strategies and transaction rules of MLB as closely as possible. The scoring is based on a complex but intuitive system that mostly boils down to runs above replacement level and matches up pretty well to advanced player valuations like VORP.
Among other features, Mendoza Baseball has:
* An e-Bay style free agent auction where you can sign veterans to multi-year contracts
* 40-man major league rosters, with 25 active spots
* Minor league rosters of up to 20 players and a system of waivers and options for moving players between rosters
* The ability to develop and keep prospects through a reserve clause system with an arbitration simulator
* A full-blown economic model where teams compete to earn profits as well as wins
* Intelligent, dedicated owners that manage their franchises year-round
This game is definitely not for the faint of heart, but if you've been successful at traditional fantasy games and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the game you've been looking for. I have one opening in the flagship Mendoza AL Classic league, a 12-team AL-only league, and another in the 13 team, NL-only Bill Caudill Memorial League. As an added inducement, some of the 2009 salaries are covered by the previous owner. Email me at email@example.com
if you have any questions.