Return to Baseball Leftovers

Points League setup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Points League setup

Postby kab21 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:13 pm

tavo2311 wrote:Does anyone know if CBS allows for a weekly limit to starts?

Apparently CBS can limit the number of starters used during a given week. My new dynasty league is setup for 5 starters that will lock when each pitch in a game. It ends up being a daily lineup for hitters and a weekly lineup for SP's (although 2-start pitchers get a bonus). I can't tell you much more since we haven't used it yet.
My website - The World Is Not That Big
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 108)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Points League setup

Postby Mike_nyc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:38 pm

We capped starts last which took care of the churning of SP's. However, at 3 pts an inning, and points given for holds, it became somewhat beneficial to stock relievers.

I think ive effectively counteracted this for the upcoming year, by lowering pts per innings to 2, while increasing the value of other more common countable stats.

The biggest complaint I got from managers last year was due to the variance of Starting Pitchers in a points league. In addition to the edge gained over your opponent by accumulating more innings, it was difficult to compensate for a poor pitching week, regardless of how well your hitting performed. Contrarily, a poor hitting week could be hidden by an above average pitching week. This put a premium on the top starting pitchers, and complicated things for owners who strictly picked up a magazine a week before draft day and went off standard rankings. I recorded the week by week totals for all of the teams, and the range on the pitching side was always higher then on the hitting side.
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers