Return to Baseball Leftovers

KC trades with BOS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: KC trades with BOS

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:35 pm

J35J wrote:
wkelly91 wrote:I guess Gathright won't be getting a chance now....

lol, he's had plenty of chances throughout his career so far. He is what he is.

An excellent car jumper. ;-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:39 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
J35J wrote:
wkelly91 wrote:I guess Gathright won't be getting a chance now....

lol, he's had plenty of chances throughout his career so far. He is what he is.

An excellent car jumper. ;-D

An i was sure that skill would translate to baseball...
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:09 pm

I would have thought the Sox could have gotten more for Coco, but all this does is put them in the Rocco Baldelli as a 4th OF sweeps :-)
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1076)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:04 am

bigken117 wrote:I would have thought the Sox could have gotten more for Coco, but all this does is put them in the Rocco Baldelli as a 4th OF sweeps :-)

Boston fans always overrate their players. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby Sensei » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:00 am

4 pages in this thread and no mention of how Jacoby has free reign in Bos now? I'm looking forward to see what he can do in a full season, not platooning with Crisp.
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 am

Yoda wrote:
thedude wrote:According to the media reports, it sounds as though the Red Sox still value Buchholz more than Masterson and would perfer to trade Masterson or Bowden.

That could be a set up though. Not sure why they felt the need to screw with Buchholz's mechanics in the middle of the season but that really set him back.

Agree - if the reports are that the Sox would prefer to keep Buchholz and trade Masterson or Bowden, I'd bet the exact opposite is true. I find it extremely hard to believe that Masterson would be the one they'd most prefer to trade.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tavish » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:42 am

kab21 wrote:A) Not all mid-level prospects turn out like Buck or Teahen. And even Buck and Teahen are solid contributors.

B) There need to be cheap, controllable role players (like Teahen) to surround your potential studs (Hosmer, Mous, even Gordon) to have a good team.

C) It's still not a bad trade (actually good imo) from a value standpoint. And there is the potential that the team can still deal some other guys from some mid-level prospects. They aren't done yet.

I think we are in agreement on all these (except for maybe Buck being a solid contributor). I think the difference in opinion is that I don't think the Royals should be going out and looking for those mid-level types of players in trades, those are the types of players they need to be producing from within the system. Filling in major needs with proven everyday players gives the farm system a chance to develop and rebuild.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby J35J » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Tavish wrote:Filling in major needs with proven everyday players gives the farm system a chance to develop and rebuild.

Yes, I'd like to emphasize this. We have been used to rushing players around here. We've had no one proven enough at any one spot that when as soon as we have anyone that shows anything in the minors he got bumped up to the bigs before he was actually ready and never got the time to develop like he should. Often times skipping AAA all together. These types of moves are not only an upgrade to our big league club but also helps keep the kids in the minors for as long as they need to fully develop.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:24 pm

mweir145 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:I would have thought the Sox could have gotten more for Coco, but all this does is put them in the Rocco Baldelli as a 4th OF sweeps :-)

Boston fans always overrate their players. :-D

Not as bad as Yankee fans... :-b
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers