Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafeholics Challenge 2009 - Filled

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cafeholics Challenge 2009

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:32 pm

J35J wrote:
Wright2Reyes wrote:How will the n00b's be selected?

Pretty much just whoever we decide we want to go up against....maybe whoever talks the most smack or something. But I think we may setup a league going forward for the "n00bs" to play against each other and the top 2 from that league will then be the next 2 participants the next year.

*clears throat*

"I plan to smack all yo asses down to beneath me in the standings! I am going to declare victory in a manner that will cause your mothers to be disappointed in you! Your knowledge and strategy pale in comparison to my knowledge and strategy! My superiority in regards to fantasy baseball is analogous to my utter dominance in sexual prowess, which is an area in which all of you should be envious of me!"

Am I in yet? :-°
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -52)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
J35J wrote:
Wright2Reyes wrote:How will the n00b's be selected?

Pretty much just whoever we decide we want to go up against....maybe whoever talks the most smack or something. But I think we may setup a league going forward for the "n00bs" to play against each other and the top 2 from that league will then be the next 2 participants the next year.

*clears throat*

"I plan to smack all yo asses down to beneath me in the standings! I am going to declare victory in a manner that will cause your mothers to be disappointed in you! Your knowledge and strategy pale in comparison to my knowledge and strategy! My superiority in regards to fantasy baseball is analogous to my utter dominance in sexual prowess, which is an area in which all of you should be envious of me!"

Am I in yet? :-°

:-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:25 am

There's just too many noobs who want to compete to deny so many of them... would it bother you if we go with your league as well as a 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7 league? I propose for your league, pick the two cockiest noobs out of the whole group and punish them hard. The other league would be intended to be a noobs vs. holics grudge match for some kind of bragging rights. Total roto points of both teams added together. Awesome bragging sigs for the holics and hideous punishment sigs for the noobs when all is said and done. And of course the league winner is recognized as usual.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -167)

Postby The Cow » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:53 am

Simulacrum wrote:There's just too many noobs who want to compete to deny so many of them... would it bother you if we go with your league as well as a 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7 league? I propose for your league, pick the two cockiest noobs out of the whole group and punish them hard. The other league would be intended to be a noobs vs. holics grudge match for some kind of bragging rights. Total roto points of both teams added together. Awesome bragging sigs for the holics and hideous punishment sigs for the noobs when all is said and done. And of course the league winner is recognized as usual.

I am sure I speak for a lot of noobs here when I say that I find it laughable that any holic is going to punish me in fantasy baseball. A lot of noobs, like myself, have been in competitive leagues for years and just did not have the time to beat up on some cafe folk. To be the man you have to beat the man and none of you have beaten me I guess that makes me the MAN! In all honesty if I were invited to this league or any league I would guarantee a top 3 finish on a bad year. Typically I win, but I could do as bad as 3rd, but thats it. That is just the way it is for The Cow. My worst year ever in fantasy baseball was a 4th place finish and that is only because I was tanking a bit at the end of the year to get a better draft position the following year. I wish I thought I had something to prove to you guys then I would feel compelled to trounce the holics, but the reality is I KNOW I am better than you. Its just reality.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby rookies and cream » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:00 am

The Cow wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:There's just too many noobs who want to compete to deny so many of them... would it bother you if we go with your league as well as a 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7 league? I propose for your league, pick the two cockiest noobs out of the whole group and punish them hard. The other league would be intended to be a noobs vs. holics grudge match for some kind of bragging rights. Total roto points of both teams added together. Awesome bragging sigs for the holics and hideous punishment sigs for the noobs when all is said and done. And of course the league winner is recognized as usual.

I am sure I speak for a lot of noobs here when I say that I find it laughable that any holic is going to punish me in fantasy baseball. A lot of noobs, like myself, have been in competitive leagues for years and just did not have the time to beat up on some cafe folk. To be the man you have to beat the man and none of you have beaten me I guess that makes me the MAN! In all honesty if I were invited to this league or any league I would guarantee a top 3 finish on a bad year. Typically I win, but I could do as bad as 3rd, but thats it. That is just the way it is for The Cow. My worst year ever in fantasy baseball was a 4th place finish and that is only because I was tanking a bit at the end of the year to get a better draft position the following year. I wish I thought I had something to prove to you guys then I would feel compelled to trounce the holics, but the reality is I KNOW I am better than you. Its just reality.

The Cow

8-o
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:27 am

The Cow wrote:

The Cow

Mighty talk from someone who doesn't even have a Image icon. ;-7
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -52)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:50 am

You know what...I think I'll do this, it might be interesting. I have a baseball IQ that is clearly superior to many of you, I've obviously proven that enough over the years, and I think it would be very easy to dispose of you guys in a fantasy league. It doesn't matter what league you put me in, I will dominate it. And if you don't? Well I'll know it was due to your fear of getting embarrassed by me, of course.

B-)
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby oddmanout7 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:53 am

I am not as well known as some of these "noobs" around here, but don't let that fool you. I lurk in the shadows keeping my secrets close to my chest. Now don't tell me that you aren't afraid of the unknown, because I know most of you guys still quiver at the name "Matt Riley" and suspect that Cole Hamels was perhaps maybe possibly the only one to hit 3 HR in one game. So its time to face your fear. Step up and play against the unknown, perhaps you may learn something...or you can just shut your eyes and curl up in the fetal position hoping that I will go away. But as a true addict, I will remain, lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -3)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:59 am

I do have necklaces, so my advantage in the tangible parts of the fantasy game are head above anybody else on this site. Given this idea, I am willing to play in any league because I know that if I give it my all day in and day out I will eventually rise to the top. I'm just hoping I can play fantasy baseball in a situation where I will become a media darling, and they will shove the aforementioned intangibles in your face as an excuse as to why I am better than the rest of you.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby rookies and cream » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:34 am

oddmanout7 wrote:I am not as well known as some of these "noobs" around here, but don't let that fool you. I lurk in the shadows keeping my secrets close to my chest. Now don't tell me that you aren't afraid of the unknown, because I know most of you guys still quiver at the name "Matt Riley" and suspect that Cole Hamels was perhaps maybe possibly the only one to hit 3 HR in one game. So its time to face your fear. Step up and play against the unknown, perhaps you may learn something...or you can just shut your eyes and curl up in the fetal position hoping that I will go away. But as a true addict, I will remain, lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike.

Sorry man. J told me that he'd love to accept you into the league, but unfortunately you're the oddmanout. :-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers