Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafeholics Challenge 2009 - Filled

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cafeholics Challenge 2009

Postby J35J » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 pm

I like the response so far. As soon as I know who the 12 cafeholics will be I'll post that in here and I'll be sure to let everyone know of the 2 "n00bs" we choose as well. Most of these decisions are likely a couple months away still so don't anticipate any decisions right away.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:39 pm

Oh, have I said ITT that I want in? I don't believe I have. I want in. ;-D I got this fantasy expert icon here after only like 1,200 posts so you know I'm the real deal.
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -52)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:23 pm

J35J wrote:I like the response so far. As soon as I know who the 12 cafeholics will be I'll post that in here and I'll be sure to let everyone know of the 2 "n00bs" we choose as well. Most of these decisions are likely a couple months away still so don't anticipate any decisions right away.

Looking at the feedback you should do an even split of Holics and wannabe Holics...level the playing field.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1076)

Postby The Cow » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:12 am

I think I tried to get in on this league last year as I recall. The consensus response from the holics was fear the Cow, fear him. I think J35J sent me an e-mail to that effect:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear The Cow,

As you know you are the most talented and knowledgeable fantasy expert that the Cafe has to offer. However I regret to inform you that the holics unanimously have voted to ban you from this league because well they at least want to have a chance at winning. I would say maybe next year, but the reality is we/the holics, fear The Cow and your often unconventional line of thinking that in hind sight is friggin brilliant! I do thank you in advance for your recommendations for drafting Josh Hamilton and Carlos Quentin, I know they will be monsters in 2008 since you gave them your stamp of approval.

Looking forward to learning more from you,
J35J

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh well no big deal guys. What I have chosen to do is enlighten the Cafe with an article that will guarantee success for even the Yoda's of the world.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:Oh, have I said ITT that I want in? I don't believe I have. I want in. ;-D I got this fantasy expert icon here after only like 1,200 posts so you know I'm the real deal.

We should thank you for that, it was because of you that we discovered a terrible error in that icon's algorithm. ;-D

I agree with Ken that a 50/50 split would be more fun. Holics vs noobs for bragging rights could be a grudge match, provided we pick better noobs than last season.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -167)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:14 am

I really n00b'd it up, I was in contention for a top 4 spot(most of it as a #2 or 3) for 80% of the season until I n00b'd it up with a few horrible trades... The worse part is I wasn't even whamboozled by some slick talking vet, I just donk'd off assets for below level compensation. :~( I r teh n00b
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:06 am

Simulacrum wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Oh, have I said ITT that I want in? I don't believe I have. I want in. ;-D I got this fantasy expert icon here after only like 1,200 posts so you know I'm the real deal.

We should thank you for that, it was because of you that we discovered a terrible error in that icon's algorithm. ;-D

When I read this and panicked and went back to check if it was still there. :-o :-o
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -52)

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:26 am

The Cow wrote:I think I tried to get in on this league last year as I recall. The consensus response from the holics was fear the Cow, fear him. I think J35J sent me an e-mail to that effect:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear The Cow,

As you know you are the most talented and knowledgeable fantasy expert that the Cafe has to offer. However I regret to inform you that the holics unanimously have voted to ban you from this league because well they at least want to have a chance at winning. I would say maybe next year, but the reality is we/the holics, fear The Cow and your often unconventional line of thinking that in hind sight is friggin brilliant! I do thank you in advance for your recommendations for drafting Josh Hamilton and Carlos Quentin, I know they will be monsters in 2008 since you gave them your stamp of approval.

Looking forward to learning more from you,
J35J

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh well no big deal guys. What I have chosen to do is enlighten the Cafe with an article that will guarantee success for even the Yoda's of the world.

The Cow

LOL... I think Cow eats too much of those mushrooms growing on his crap.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers