Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafeholics Challenge 2009 - Filled

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cafeholics Challenge 2009

Postby Yoda » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:44 am

I understand why there are max moves. Some people win by churning their roster and that doesn't take much skill.

Weekly moves is ideal for leagues where people are not tethered to the computer. It also levels the playing field since those tethered people do not get to always jump on the hot hand.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:46 am

The Cow wrote:
J35J wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Will the league be 14 teams and roto, like it appears it was last year? :-?

Yes 14 team 5x5 roto
C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL - No Bench
Weekly Lineup changes
50 max moves

I can't stand max move leagues. I thank you for the invite J35J, but 50 max moves = no fun for me. Weekly lineup changes, once again no fun. This just is not my kind of league. This is a draft heavy league, since only 50 moves and weekly changes really hampers a team. I am going to pass on this league, once again thanks for the invite. Just not the kind of league I enjoy.

Thanks,
The Cow

Ha.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:47 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
J35J wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Will the league be 14 teams and roto, like it appears it was last year? :-?

Yes 14 team 5x5 roto
C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL - No Bench
Weekly Lineup changes
50 max moves

Old School Roto. Definitely something you guys should try if you never have. ;-D

Agree. Old School Roto is ballin'. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby The Cow » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:08 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
J35J wrote:

Yes 14 team 5x5 roto
Weekly Lineup changes
50 max moves

Old School Roto. Definitely something you guys should try if you never have. ;-D

I did old school roto, way back in the day, b4 PCs were even popular. I commished a league manually adding up the weekly stats using Baseball Weekly. I believe it took about 8 HRs to do the stats by hand. There is something to, old school, but I just like micromanaging I think of micromanaging as an art form.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:18 am

The Cow wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
J35J wrote:Yes 14 team 5x5 roto
Weekly Lineup changes
50 max moves

I did old school roto, way back in the day, b4 PCs were even popular. I commished a league manually adding up the weekly stats using Baseball Weekly. I believe it took about 8 HRs to do the stats by hand. There is something to, old school, but I just like micromanaging I think of micromanaging as an art form.

The Cow

8 home runs? Puhleaze. :-°
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

Postby Yoda » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:39 pm

It is especially easy to win Yahoo pub leagues by churning when 9 of 12 teams are dead by the end of April. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:lol.

im all against churning as well, but there are other ways i feel. maybe weekly moves, or added categories like hitter's k's, pitching l's, etc... to offset churning.

I don't like tweaking the categories. I love max moves because it makes every move that much more important. You can't just pick up anyone and everyone and hope they stick. You also have to stick with your guys moreso than without max moves....you live and die by your "few" decisions for the most part. It's not like 50 moves is a tiny amount....I rarely, if ever, make that many moves anyway.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:09 pm

The Cow is a chicken. Oh the irony. :-B
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby Yoda » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:16 pm

Eat more chicken.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers