Return to Baseball Leftovers

Take your Pick

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Take your Pick

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Pedroia-Kinsler - Simply better all around 5-cat upside.

Hamilton-Braun - Very close. I like Hamilton by a hair in that I see him as more surefire bet to hit .300 and has a better walk rate than Braun. I'd admit to taking Braun over Hamilton in keeper/dynasty though.

Santana-Lincecum - It's still Johan. Not thinking about the first couple of months, Johan wasn't just as steady as they go, he was fantastic. Pitching is still a commodity though given it's depth, but Johan is more of the sure thing as far as track record goes.

Rios-Bay - You have the answer on what Bay could do with better lineup protection.

Morneau-D Lee - The better bet for supplying the usual 30-35 HR power you'd come to expect out of a 1B.

Martin-McCann - Easy, McCann on power upside alone.

Hart-Granderson - They're both maddening players, but Granderson hits well for contact and can still drive the ball relatively well.

Zambrano-Shields - Zambrano's walk rates primarily put a downer on where he's usually drafted for.

Ichiro-Markakis - Push. In a roto league, I'd say Ichiro gets the edge for SB with an upside of keeping that average well afloat, but Markakis could be better all around if those doubles turn into homeruns. I'd rather have Markakis personally.

Nathan-Lidge - As steady as they go and although Lidge worked himself out of jams, Nathan is more efficient.

Tulo-S Drew - Push. Hard to say but Drew is likely to be drafted ahead of Tulo given his second-half upswing. Tulowitzki is more of a question mark than Drew, I reckon.

Youkilis-Huff - Not thrilled about either, but Youk is a good bet to sustain 2008 production.

Hunter-Hawpe - No neither option?

E. Santana-Garza - As long as Ervin keeps those walks down in spite of giving up a HR ball every now and then, Ervin should be an ace again. He improved well across the board and the spike in K rate is the big stat here.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:48 am

J35J wrote:Pedroia-Kinsler - Kinsler...just a higher upside

Hamilton-Braun - Push...but I'd take Hamilton

Santana-Lincecum - Push...but give me Santana as I'd feel more secure

Rios-Bay - Push....but I'd take the power and Bay

Morneau-D Lee - Morneau

Martin-McCann - McCann

Hart-Granderson - Granderson

Zambrano-Shields - Haven't looked too much at pitchers yet but I may still go with Zambrano

Ichiro-Markakis - Markakis....I think Ichiro is probably a little overrated for my blood.

Nathan-Lidge - Nathan...You know what you are going to get with him

Tulo-S Drew - Drew

Youkilis-Huff - Youk

Hunter-Hawpe - Hunter

E. Santana-Garza - Again, I haven't gotten into pitchers yet but I'd probably go with Santana until Garza can learn to strike more guys out.

I've started on my SP rankings and I've got Lincecum #1 overall. I won't be taking a SP in the first 15 or so picks so I likely won't own either though.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:12 pm

nice thread

Pedroia-Kinsler - would be happy with either though

Hamilton-Braun - not ready to trust Hamilton just yer

Santana-Lincecum - same reason...

Rios-Bay Rios burnt me last year

Morneau-D Lee STUD

Martin-McCann - i like the SB's

Hart-Granderson partially the homer in me, but i can see 07 numbers again easily (well, maybe not the 3B's), but with more power

Zambrano-Shields injury concerns, but still a horse

Ichiro-Markakis might as well wait and draft Willy Tavares

Nathan-Lidge i want my closers to be as low risk as possible

Tulo-S Drew meh...

Youkilis-Huff Not even close

Hunter-Hawpe i'll take the SB's

E. Santana-Garza i can see a huge year
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers