Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kerry Wood

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kerry Wood

Postby MikeeDee » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Now that Hendry has made it pretty clear (after the acquisition of Kevin Gregg) that Wood won't be back, where do you guys think Wood will end up siging?

Boston?
ChiSox?
NYY?

My money's on the Mets.
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kerry Wood

Postby RugbyD » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:44 pm

Card, Mets, Brewers, longshot Angels.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -2)

Postby kab21 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:46 pm

Brewers.
My website - The World Is Not That Big
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 108)

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Texas seems like a perfect fit. They need a closer (or bullpen need in general) and I believe he was born and raised in Texas.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/latosma01.shtml. Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -361)

Postby MasterX1918 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Texas has inquired interest. I think he goes there, and of course falters like all Texas FA pitchers do.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -10)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Wood says he would have done anything to stay with the Cubs, including signing a one-year deal. In light of that information, the Cubs' decision seems more questionable.

W
T
F

so instead of signing Kerry Wood to a ONE year deal, the cubs decide to just let him go and trade 6 years of Jose Ceda for 1 year of Kevin Gregg... that is just beyond stupid imo.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:32 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Wood says he would have done anything to stay with the Cubs, including signing a one-year deal. In light of that information, the Cubs' decision seems more questionable.

W
T
F

so instead of signing Kerry Wood to a ONE year deal, the cubs decide to just let him go and trade 6 years of Jose Ceda for 1 year of Kevin Gregg... that is just beyond stupid imo.

I was kind of wondering about this. Seems like the Cubbies just want to move into another direction. Especially with Harden on their payroll, they need to spread their risks.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby RugbyD » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:01 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:

W
T
F

other souces say the Cubs wanted to keep doing 1-yr deals and Wood wanted a multi-year deal.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:18 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:

W
T
F

If it was up to me, and if we had to let Wood walk, I would've kept Ceda anyway and put all my faith in Marmol. Just a series of bad moves by Hendry. :-t Woody's been thriving in the closer role, going 34-40 in save ops with an 84:18 K/BB ratio. Keeping him in relief seems to be keeping him healthy, as his only DL stint since converting has been for a finger blister, so the injury risk is considerably lessened. Just a dumb, sad way to end Woody's Cubs career.
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -52)

Postby MasterX1918 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:47 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:

W
T
F

they must of wanted the draft pick? Still makes no sense though since they gave up Jose Ceda.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -10)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers