Page 3 of 4

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:36 am
by StlSluggers
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The_Show wrote:Peta is really messed up. I understand some of their views (ex/ the way they do seal hunting in Canada), but Peta just takes it to another level. Dissecting a chicken wing? come on that's nothing. It's for educational purposes anyways.

Anyone hear how Peta wanted Ben & Jerry's to make an ice cream out of human breast milk? That's just nasty.


I've brought this up elsewhere, maybe in this forum, I can't remember, but I believe an organization like PETA is very necessary. However, as you pointed out, they go too far with these strange lawsuits and after time the general public doesn't take them seriously anymore. They've lost a lot of credibility with these weird ambitions.

PETA... Communism... Labor unions... Greenpeace...

All good on paper. All bad in practice.

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 am
by Omaha Red Sox
StlSluggers wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The_Show wrote:Peta is really messed up. I understand some of their views (ex/ the way they do seal hunting in Canada), but Peta just takes it to another level. Dissecting a chicken wing? come on that's nothing. It's for educational purposes anyways.

Anyone hear how Peta wanted Ben & Jerry's to make an ice cream out of human breast milk? That's just nasty.


I've brought this up elsewhere, maybe in this forum, I can't remember, but I believe an organization like PETA is very necessary. However, as you pointed out, they go too far with these strange lawsuits and after time the general public doesn't take them seriously anymore. They've lost a lot of credibility with these weird ambitions.

PETA... Communism... Labor unions... Greenpeace...

All good on paper. All bad in practice.


ACLU....

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:13 am
by knapplc
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:PETA... Communism... Labor unions... Greenpeace...

All good on paper. All bad in practice.


ACLU....

Menage a trois...

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:26 am
by Mookie4ever
Don't be dissing Greenpeace man. :-t

I've been a contributing member for about 15 years and my best friend was their action coordinator for a long time. Sure they have had some internal squabbles and lose their focus once in a while but any group with about 3 million members will have the same problems. The point is that no other group (ok maybe the Sierra Group) has done more to bring environmental causes to the attention of the public than Greenpeace. We have abused the environment too much and this is just backlash against our environmental conscience by uninformed people whose mental deficiencies are quite possibly brought on by extremely poor hygene :^

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:36 am
by knapplc
Mookie4ever wrote:We have abused the environment too much and this is just backlash against our environmental conscience by uninformed people whose mental deficiencies are quite possibly brought on by extremely poor hygene :^

I was a member of Greenpeace for a few years in my early 20s. I respect Greenpeace, but they do have some problems. The thing I thought was funny was the hygiene comment - the Greenpeace supporters I hung out with felt that "natural" was the only way to go. Needlesss to say, it was best when meetings were held out of doors. X-I :-°

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:39 am
by Art Vandelay
Dan Lambskin wrote:i could think of a better name for her involving the 1st three letters of her name and one from her last name

I guess I'll be that guy again...

Is this necessary? Why is it acceptable to call a random woman a cunt because you don't like that she changed or name, or what she changed it to, or why, or whatever your reason is? It's despicable, it's sexist, and, I would think, to many people, it makes you look like a jerk.

But let me guess...you didn't mean that, you were talking about a different word, right?

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:42 am
by Mookie4ever
Art Vandelay wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i could think of a better name for her involving the 1st three letters of her name and one from her last name

I guess I'll be that guy again...

Is this necessary? Why is it acceptable to call a random woman a cunt because you don't like that she changed or name, or what she changed it to, or why, or whatever your reason is? It's despicable, it's sexist, and, I would think, to many people, it makes you look like a jerk.

But let me guess...you didn't mean that, you were talking about a different word, right?


hmm, I didn't see that. Nice catch.

That was a poor attempt at humour and was offside, even if you didn't type out the word there's no need for that in here.

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:12 am
by Art Vandelay
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The_Show wrote:Peta is really messed up. I understand some of their views (ex/ the way they do seal hunting in Canada), but Peta just takes it to another level. Dissecting a chicken wing? come on that's nothing. It's for educational purposes anyways.

Anyone hear how Peta wanted Ben & Jerry's to make an ice cream out of human breast milk? That's just nasty.


I've brought this up elsewhere, maybe in this forum, I can't remember, but I believe an organization like PETA is very necessary. However, as you pointed out, they go too far with these strange lawsuits and after time the general public doesn't take them seriously anymore. They've lost a lot of credibility with these weird ambitions.

I'm not big fan of PETA, but I think the reason that they take such extreme/controversial/outlandish/downright stupid stances on issues is often lost on people.

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:33 am
by Dan Lambskin
Art Vandelay wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i could think of a better name for her involving the 1st three letters of her name and one from her last name

I guess I'll be that guy again...

Is this necessary? Why is it acceptable to call a random woman a cunt because you don't like that she changed or name, or what she changed it to, or why, or whatever your reason is? It's despicable, it's sexist, and, I would think, to many people, it makes you look like a jerk.

But let me guess...you didn't mean that, you were talking about a different word, right?


whatever...i dont get all that hung up on words...i use it quite often and i think people over-react to it if that makes me a juvenile jerk, well, that's just who i am i guess. people have different sense of humor...it's not the first time i've made a remark like that and i'm guessing it wont be the last. if people want to look down on me for that, fine, i dont really care...life will go on

regardless...i'm over it, can we get back to talking about eating tasty animals

Re: Madison, it's time to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:53 am
by knapplc
Dan Lambskin wrote:can we get back to talking about eating tasty animals

I'd like to spend some more time looking down on you, Dan. It's something I feel I have to do...............
............................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................
...............aaaaaand I'm done.

How about a nice, rare ribeye? Wouldn't that hit the spot right about now? ;-D