Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Boss

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Baseball Boss

Postby Paws » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 pm

Has anyone used this site is it fun to play? Is it really completely free?
Paws
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Baseball Boss

Postby Old_Style » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 pm

There was a craze a few months back. Things seems to have died down around these parts (I think). I know I stopped playing after a couple weeks or so.
Yeah, it's free, but I think the game gets stale after a while.

viewtopic.php?t=355245&hilit=Baseball+Boss
Last edited by Old_Style on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -218)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:56 pm

meh. I was absolutely HOOKED on it for like two days. Then after that I couldn't stand it. Gets boring, there's never any real action. The thrill of opening up decks gets old fast.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:59 pm

I was addicted on the first public beta (and so were many here) but I got tired of the excess challenges after a week. Then when Baseball Boss fixed the bug with the challenge coins conversion on the second beta, I was disappointed I didn't capitalize on the loophole so quickly.

When they ran second beta with customizable leagues, it revived my interest but it turns out they only go through if you accept the league challenges manually (they don't play through automatically if I recall right). On top of that, it requires extra time to try and rack up points to convert into challenge coins, which can only mean easy boredom/burnout with the game.

I think they released a new slate of 1957 cards (before it was only 1907 and 2007 cards), but I don't believe that's enough to entice me to take up playing again.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:18 pm

There are ladders now that are pretty fun. I can see how it got old for a lot of people, and I'm not quite as into it as I was originally. There are about 6 ladders to climb with increasing salary caps that are fun, and that is at least something constructive to do with the cards. Tavish spends a good amount of time on the site and in the chat room. I'm kinda excited about the new 1957 cards, but I'm not going to go as crazy over it. H0rt was really into the game too at first but his interested has dwindled as well, we'll see if he catches the bug again w/ the new set.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:57 pm

Eh, I'm playing a little bit still. The addiction has been broke, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby hybrid » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:04 pm

They pretty much lost a lot of interested people in the beta after the absurd inflation of coins. Also I don't think they made any good adjustments coming out of beta so that put a damper on it. Basically they would of had to make some real changes for me to get back into it, cause the novelty gets old.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:52 pm

The beta was no doubt released too early before there were enough features to keep people interested or bugs removed from the game. Challenge Games has made a great success out of Duels and has the backing of major venture capitalists. I think they'll get it right eventually, but I'm not positive I'll be around to see it.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:42 pm

I gave it a shot and gave up after 5 minutes when I had no clue what was going on. Why does my team have Devern Hansack and Art Devlin on it?
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -10)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers