Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball...Remember How It Used To Be?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby emb0lus » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:51 am

ah, the memories. although, I used to pick up the usa today on tuesday since i played in an al only league. Did you buy those books that had the dollar values for all the players?
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby emb0lus » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:36 am

I remember him well since I didn't get him. He went first pick I believe one year (there was a huge Indian's fan in my league.) I had Randy Johnson and Frank Thomas the year I missed a first place tie by only 1 point.
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:08 am

Yeah, the internet has made things so much easier and faster. I'm spoiled with the instant updates and I'm not sure I could go back to the once a week standings in the mail. Ah, the good old days. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:32 pm

Hey Madison...I am putting your post numbers in perspective. I figure each of your 19,569 posts written means that you have read about 189, 669. Or more?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:34 pm

The above post was written by me, Y`s Guy.

Just too lazy to sign in today.

Postby soxfanatic » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:37 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hey Madison...I am putting your post numbers in perspective. I figure each of your 19,569 posts written means that you have read about 189, 669. Or more?

:-? thats alot of reading. do you still reasd every post that comeinto the cafe like you used to?
soxfanatic

Postby jonnyblack » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:41 pm

I remember the old pencil leagues. in 1991, all of the guys in my hometowner got access to email through the old telnet system. That year, we went to daily line-up changes, but the commish still kept all the stats on paper, and he emailed the standings on Sunday. These days, any old Joe can be a commish, but then, a commish had to be both committed and a bit anal. I remember dreading the year it was my turn to be the commish, only to find that my appreciation for fbb grew as a result.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby El Jefe » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:47 pm

I remember in my first draft, back in the day, I took a chance on a up and coming rookie 3B in Cleveland...Jim Thome. I think he had a small cup of coffee in the show that year.
El Jefe
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers