Return to Baseball Leftovers

Colin Cowherd "I believe in the Red Sox way..."

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Colin Cowherd "I believe in the Red Sox way..."

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:54 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:I listened to the last 10 minutes of his show today. I didn't hear him mention anything about Favre, but he was going on about how we shouldn't feel as much compassion for a recovered addict as a cancer survivor. While I tend to agree with him to an extent, it's his delivery of such topics that really evokes a response/emotion and gets a flood of callers. He just seems like such a pompous a-hole. I still like him though.

Yea he was like "I'll cry for hours if a child dies of cancer but Crack Addicts do it to themselves."

And I'm like dude no one is saying crack addicts deserve more sympathy then Childhood cancer. We are talking about a sympathetic/good story in BASEBALL! Little children dying of cancer has nothing to do with Josh Hamilton and baseball.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:00 pm

People who overcome loss, cancer, etc. get and should get a ton of respect, but people like Hamilton deserve quite a bit of respect as well and you can't expect people to not want to praise what he has done, because no one has ever come back from that kind of addiction and 3 years out of baseball to do what he has done. It's a great story and people are going to talk about it, regardless if he brought his addiction upon himself or not.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -6)

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Addiction is a sickness. Some people are born this way. The more you learn about addiction and how it affects people, the more you will understand that these people are actually sick much like cancer patients.

Colin is just an idiot who just runs his mouth about stuff he knows nothing about. If he personally knows someone who is an addict then I'm sure that he would be singing a different tune.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Yoda wrote:Addiction is a sickness. Some people are born this way. The more you learn about addiction and how it affects people, the more you will understand that these people are actually sick much like cancer patients.

Colin is just an idiot who just runs his mouth about stuff he knows nothing about. If he personally knows someone who is an addict then I'm sure that he would be singing a different tune.

He said his father was an alcoholic or something. Although I think personally alcoholism is thrown around much to much.

And I agree some people have addictive personalities. And lets not take into account that Depression/Mental disease leads to a lot of drug use in the first place.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:14 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:Addiction is a sickness. Some people are born this way. The more you learn about addiction and how it affects people, the more you will understand that these people are actually sick much like cancer patients.

He said his father was an alcoholic or something. Although I think personally alcoholism is thrown around much to much.

And I agree some people have addictive personalities. And lets not take into account that Depression/Mental disease leads to a lot of drug use in the first place.

Yes, he's said on air that his father was an alcoholic. I take it Cowherd's not very fond of his father judging by the few times he mentioned him. This could explain why he doesn't want to give recovered addicts much praise.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -12)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:36 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Yes, he's said on air that his father was an alcoholic. I take it Cowherd's not very fond of his father judging by the few times he mentioned him. This could explain why he doesn't want to give recovered addicts much praise.

Interesting insight. Makes sense. Of course Cowherd is discounting the fact that Josh was 18 when he started getting in trouble (I assume or at least younger) where his father was a grown man. Sorry but I did drugs in my teens early 20's and grew out of it while I know people who have not and still do drugs as if its totally normal at age 35+.

So The point is I think Colin can have a little more symptahy for a Kid who gets addicted and breaks out of it rather then his Alchoholic father.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Leena » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:22 pm

what exactly does misogynistic mean? Impressive vocab. I don't think I have ever heard that word before. Now I'll probably hear it 3 times before the day is out.

Misogynism means the hatred of women. Which he does in most of his retarded metaphors that only a freak could concoct.

Why is there serious discussion here about what Cowherd says? He's simply a troll baiter.

What irritates me is that he's the only sports talk show on at that time of the morning. I really need XM, or download podcasts or something.
Leena
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 pm

I thought I'd bump this because I hate Cowherd so much. I got tired of listening to the Ted Kennedy stuff on political radio so I turned on Cowherd to see if there was a SLIGHT possiblity he might talk about the rockies. I hadn't listened to him in probably 4 months.

He Did and he said;

"I don't care about the rockies hot streak they aren't beating good teams like the cardinals and yankees."

Hot streak? Since June 4th they have the best record in baseball. That's some hot streak there moron face. God he has the worst show ever.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:43 pm

The Rockies are for real. In fact, they are probably better than the Cardinals: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/stati ... ndings.php
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:45 pm

mweir145 wrote:The Rockies are for real. In fact, they are probably better than the Cardinals: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/stati ... ndings.php

I wrote him an email telling him they have a top 5 pitching staff statistically and that he is a moron. I'm not sure how a team thats performed better then most other teams for almost 3 months is "streaking" and can't beat the cardinals.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers