Page 6 of 8

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:27 am
by oggy
I think you'll see Price come up to pitch out of the bullpen down the backstretch...ala Joba last year. McCutchon (sp?) should get a shot and he could have some value with his speed, but I don't really see either one of those guys making a big impact on anyone's fantasy team, unless you are needing holds or your league championship hinges on getting a few more steals.

the two names i would bank on

Cameron Maybin- already got a taste last year and the Marlins have been patient with him. They have fallen out so I would think that they'll see what Maybin has after the all-star break. The adjustment to big league pitching shouldn't be too tough for him

Kershaw- Not sure if this counts, since he's already been up this year, but I think the demotion is going to be very temporary and the Dodgers are only a game out right now. He's much more likely than Price to contribute to your team THIS year in my opinion.

some longshots...

Jordan Schafer
Gio Gonzalez
Franklin Morales
Michael Saunders
Chris Tillman
Michael Burgess (he's in loA but Washington rushed Maxwell last season and Burgess is killing it)

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:39 am
by ILoveBush
Havok1517 wrote:
pizzaboy76 wrote:Well Davis is up and making an impact. Also I think LaPorta is much closer to getting called up. Probably after the all-star break.

So are the next impact players at this point?


I think we'll see Price, Wieters, LaPorta, Gamel, McCutchen, Garcia, Carrasco, Weathers, and maybe even one of the early college draft picks from this year's draft. I also think a lot of this will be contengent on trades.



What about Snider?

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:21 pm
by Triplec223
Maybe I missed this earlier in the thread, but what about Mat Gamel?

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:29 pm
by rookies and cream
oggy wrote:
Cameron Maybin- already got a taste last year and the Marlins have been patient with him. They have fallen out so I would think that they'll see what Maybin has after the all-star break. The adjustment to big league pitching shouldn't be too tough for him



FLA is only 1.5 games out. Not sure if Cam will be up before September unless there is an injury. Ross has also been playing well lately and he certainly wouldn't displace Willingham or Hermida.

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:34 pm
by AquaMan2342
Ryan Perry signed today with Detroit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him up within the next couple months.

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:35 pm
by Havok1517
ILoveBush wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
pizzaboy76 wrote:Well Davis is up and making an impact. Also I think LaPorta is much closer to getting called up. Probably after the all-star break.

So are the next impact players at this point?


I think we'll see Price, Wieters, LaPorta, Gamel, McCutchen, Garcia, Carrasco, Weathers, and maybe even one of the early college draft picks from this year's draft. I also think a lot of this will be contengent on trades.



What about Snider?


I don't think Snider is quite advanced enough to be brought up at this point. Sept. call-up at best but I doubt it coming out of HS.

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:36 pm
by Another Blown Save
How about Volstad?

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:36 pm
by Havok1517
Triplec223 wrote:Maybe I missed this earlier in the thread, but what about Mat Gamel?


Yeah. I think Gamel will get some MLB time this year at some point.

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:43 pm
by qhn79
now that Harden is gone from Oakland, I'd expect to see Gio or Cahill (or both) up sooner rather than later.

Re: Next Impact Call Up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:44 pm
by Havok1517
AquaMan2342 wrote:Ryan Perry signed today with Detroit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him up within the next couple months.


Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the 5 college closers taken in the 1st round (Cashner (ChC), Fields (SEA), Perry (DET), Schlereth (ARZ), & Gutierrez (MIN)) this year make it up especially if a contending team wants a power arm in the pen.