Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Why does this team suck? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why does this team suck? WHIR

Postby 7Patrick13 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:06 pm

I'm in a 12 team 10x10 h2h keeper league. This is the first season, and we had an auto/list draft. i ended up with many players i would never in a million years have drafted (troy glaus? bill hall? jim Thome? five second basemen?). I have considerably re-worked the roster, and have come up with something I feel much better about. Yet the team has not won. It is currently in fifth place, with a 91-93-16 record. What should do, what do i need? btw, there is no innings limit, so really all my pitchers are starters.

SP: Dan Haren
SP: Aaron Harrang
SP: Jared Weaver
SP: Rich Harden
SP: Joe Saunders
RP: Johnathon Papelbon
RP: Brian Fuentes
RP; Carlos Marmol
RP: Mariano Rivera
RP: Taylor Buchholtz
bn: Jon Lester, Randy Wolf, Bartolo Colon, Bronson Arroyo
DL: Chris Young

C: Geovanny Soto
1B: Ryan Garko (has been laroche(drafted), cantu, johnson, and barton. garko has started the last 1.5 weeks)
2B: Robinson Cano
3B; David Wright
SS: Alexei Ramirez (since he started starting again, was Felipe Lopez, J. Hairston, Velez, Hardy(drafted), Janish...)
OF: Granderson
OF: BJ Upton
OF: Josh Hamilton
OF: Milton Bradely
UTLI: Ryan Church
UTLI: Scott Rolen
UTLI: Ben Fransisco
UTLI: Jeff Kent
bench: Rick Ankiel, laroche, milledge
DL: keppinger
most of the changes came through FA/waivers, but I did trade Bill Hall and Nate McClouth for Rick Ankiel and Ryan Church, in the first week of the season,..... ironically, church and Mcclouth were throw ins, but they have been the most productive....

So what should i do? personally, I really don't a problem with most of the team. I think garko is heating up, and alexei can hit, and he showing it now that he has a chance. laroche should heat up soon.
Do i need to do anything? i've done a lot, and the team looks pretty goood on paper, but it hasn't done anything, and is 20 games out of first, 19 out of second.
help will be appreciated.
7Patrick13
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why does this team suck? WHIR

Postby 7Patrick13 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:23 pm

BTW, i have a waiver claim ending the 10th droping milledge for b.giles, and one ending the 11th dropping milledge for hermida.
7Patrick13
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Tom Emanski AllStars » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:02 pm

i would look to package m.bradley and a pitcher for some hitting help. (with 4 util position you can just about target anyone). sell bradley high, b/c he'll likely start to slump or try to attack another ump
Tom Emanski AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby tah161 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:33 pm

Tom Emanski AllStars wrote:i would look to package m.bradley and a pitcher for some hitting help. (with 4 util position you can just about target anyone). sell bradley high, b/c he'll likely start to slump or try to attack another ump

or get hurt.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team