Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Should I be worried about WINS with this staff? WHIR Def.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I be worried about WINS with this staff? WHIR Def.

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:36 am

14 team mixed roto league
Brett Myers-----------Looks to be coming around
Dice-K-----------------DL
Edinson Volquez------Has been great
Dustin McGowan------Inconsistent
Bartolo Colon---------Don't know what to think yet
Zack Greinke---------Pitches for the Royals don't expect many W's
Clayton Kershaw-----Could be great later this year I hope
Randy Johnson-------Last few starts have been great
Chris R. Young-------DL
Brian Fuentes
George Sherrill
Max Scherzer

The reason I am asking is I have seen at least 3 or 4 games lost by the bullpen of my starter. I am just worried about wins with these guys. Myers looks to maybe have found himself. I know Greinke will not pick up many wins but he helps with WHIP and ERA though.I recently picked up Young and reserved him in hopes he may pitch again and give me some K's.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I be worried about WINS with this staff? WHIR Def.

Postby BaseballintheD » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:58 am

Thanks for the help on my post.

I would personally drop Kershaw and pick up someone who is a little more consistent with Wins. Torre has basically said Kershaw won't be starting for awhile, so it's kind of a dead pick.

How about trying to pick up someone like Scott Kazmir? It will pick you up some wins, and lower your WHIP and ERA?

On another league I just picked up Johnathan Sanchez and Aaron Cook, both give solid IP and nice low WHIP and ERA

Hope it helps! I'm new to this!
BaseballintheD
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Santana4Cy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:42 am

I don't think it's anything to worry about right now. You've got two of your top starters (Young and Dice-K) on the DL right now.

Bullpens are a part of the game, and I don't think you can switch around your staff based solely on a team's bullpen.

Maybe you could go out and get a guy like Mike Mussina? He won't give you good K numbers, but he has gotten 9 wins already and has respectable ERA and WHIP.
Santana4Cy
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Alcoholiday » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:03 am

i agree with the above poster. Look into Mussina. Hendrickson may be worth keeping an eye on. His starts have been pretty decent except for his disastrous start 2 games ago where he gave up 10 runs. Before that he only had a 3.72 era, and with that one game, it ballooned to over 5, which is why people are staying away. I'd watch his next few starts and see if it was just an off game. He is still 7-3 with 3 no decisions. Jamie Moyer's a pretty consistent double digit win pitcher.

Just a few to keep on your watch list, but i'd pick up Mussina if still available.
Alcoholiday
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team