Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

1st place but should I do more?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1st place but should I do more?

Postby Thomas1492 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:01 am

12 team league, categories 5x5, R, HR, AVG, RBI, SB and then W, ERA, WHIP, K, Saves. Pretty simple league. I am in first place at the moment, but I have some problems with my pitching staff. Take a look---

C-Chris Snyder
1B-Connor Jackson
2B-Kaz Matsui
3B-Chipper Jones
SS-Jose Reyes
OF-Lance Berkman
OF-Hideki Matsui
OF-Aaron Rowand
UT-Mike Lowell
BN-Placido Polanco
BN-Casey Kotchman
BN-Ryan Church
BN-Randy Winn
BN-Andre Ethier
DL-Jorge Posada

SP-Ben Sheets
SP-Roy Oswalt
SP-Brad Penny
RP-Joba Chamberlain
RP-(empty)
P-Andy Pettitte
P-Derek Lowe
P-Ted Lilly
BN-Luke Hochevar
BN-Jason Bergmann
BN-Randy Wolf
DL-Jake Peavy

So you see I have been picking up starters each night in order to win strikeouts and wins. I have been fairing well in ERA and WHIP too, but I really can't expect this strategy to keep up for too much longer. What should I do with my pitching?

Some FA pitchers include---
Greg Smith
Darrell Rasner
Armando Galarraga
Vicente Padilla
Tim Redding
Scott Olsen
Doug Davis
Mike Mussina

Thank you very much
Thomas1492
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1st place but should I do more?

Postby yanks924 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:08 am

You won't stay in first if you have no closers and with those SP's. Trade some offense for some closers and a good SP. I would see if someone would take Church for a good closer or 2 mediocre closers. Get rid of Hochevar as quick as possible he is miserable. You have Sheets, Peavy when he gets back, Joba, Oswalt, Penny, and the rest of the starters are not good in the end they will hurt you. Basically get closers and get rid of the terrible SPs. That is the first part. Looks like you could use a little help in offense too. If there is an innings pitched limit be careful on how many guys you are starting because if you are just picking up guys and starting them you may run out of innings quick.
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thejusman1 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:40 pm

100% agree with first reply. You don't any closers, you need em if Saves are a category. Get on closer watch. Is Salomon Torres available in your league? Watch some baseball games, hit up mlb.com, look for iffy situations... but you need to dump those spotty SP and get RP.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=349326
A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby espnsportsfan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:53 am

you could use a closer or 2, i have no problem with starting people every night but watchout for the inning limit in your league
My Fantasy Baseball Blog:http://sandlotsabermetrics.com
espnsportsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Spotter
(Past Year: -17)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team