Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Help

Postby soty » Thu May 15, 2008 8:09 am

I am in a 12 team keeper league (we keep 8) and I am getting beat pretty bad. I am in 8th place (8.5 behind leader), but I am also losing my match up this week 12-0! Not sure what to do? Should I panic and shake up my roster or stand pat and wait for my guys to come around? Here is my team:

12 Team - H2H - Keeper (8) - 50 MOVES (16 USED)
R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

C:Molina
1B:Morneau
2B:Kent
3B:Longoria
SS:Reyes
CI:Gonzalez
MI:Guzman
OF:Ramirez, Markakis, Quentin, Griffey
UT:Bourn, Butler
BN:Kendrick, Ludwick, DeRosa

SP:Webb, Bedard, Hernandez, Perez, Olsen, Floyd
RP:Hoffman, Gagne, Acosta, Buchholz, Casilla
DL:Rodriguez
DL:Gonzalez
DL:Gallardo
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
(Past Year: -154)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need Help

Postby FireBaller » Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 pm

You need major upgrades offensively peaking, namely at:

3b - I don't know if Longoria is going to perform this year but he is an excellent keeper
MI - I think you can surely do better than Guzman
UT - I think you can find better replacement although Bourn and especially Butler are solid keepers

The thing is that you are in a keeper league so while you may not immediately compete this year, you may be in line to be more competitive in the future. It depends on your intentions really.

Also, it'd help if you post your FA pool.
FireBaller
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby unkle » Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 pm

i think you can do better than guzman at MI and longoria is off to a slow start. i think you're going to weather it out and wait on when kendrick comes back
please help with my team! WHIR!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=450731
unkle
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Attilathewin » Thu May 15, 2008 12:59 pm

I think the best bet would to see how this week plays out, right now 8.5 GB is not a mountain of a lead and 2 good weeks and you're right back in the thick of things.

Also, what Molina do you have?
Attilathewin
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby soty » Thu May 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Thanks guys. Longoria is going to be one of my keepers so I am going to have to go thru the ups and downs with him. Guzman, believe it or not is the best option at MI. To show you what I mean here are the best available MI's: Cedeno, Iwarmura, Brutlett, J. Castillo, Vazquez, etc. As you can see clearly Guzman is my best option at MI. Finally my Utility spots. Neither Bourn or Butler are going to be keepers for me so that is not making me hold onto them. There is just nothing available. I figure I mine as well hang onto Bourn since he leads the league in SB's and Butler has got to hit eventually right? Griffey has been very frustrating too. I almost dropped him the other day for David Murphy, but I decided to hold off.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby soty » Thu May 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Attilathewin wrote:I think the best bet would to see how this week plays out, right now 8.5 GB is not a mountain of a lead and 2 good weeks and you're right back in the thick of things.

Also, what Molina do you have?
Bengie Molina.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby felixthecat011 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:34 pm

You may want to move an outfielder (Ludwick?) as part of a package to upgrade another slot. If you can get good value for Longoria (e.g. upgrade two slots, with one of those two being a guy you'd consider a keeper), I wouldn't necessarily consider him untouchable, even in a keeper league. Is that ARod on your DL? If it is, it would give you just that much more flexibility in moving Longoria for the right deal.

Look to the wire to see if there are any players (like Adam LaRoche) who should be heating up and scoop them (though in a 12 team league there may not be much).

Your staff is not all that bad, although guys like Olsen and Floyd make me a little nervous over the long term. But they're your #4 and #5 guys, so....
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby soty » Thu May 15, 2008 1:48 pm

felixthecat011 wrote:You may want to move an outfielder (Ludwick?) as part of a package to upgrade another slot. If you can get good value for Longoria (e.g. upgrade two slots, with one of those two being a guy you'd consider a keeper), I wouldn't necessarily consider him untouchable, even in a keeper league. Is that ARod on your DL? If it is, it would give you just that much more flexibility in moving Longoria for the right deal.

Look to the wire to see if there are any players (like Adam LaRoche) who should be heating up and scoop them (though in a 12 team league there may not be much).

Your staff is not all that bad, although guys like Olsen and Floyd make me a little nervous over the long term. But they're your #4 and #5 guys, so....
No thats not ARod its Wandy Rodriguez. I wish it was ARod. :-) As far as trading Ludwick...tried that. No one is interested. Longoria is my 3B of the future, so I would rather not move him. LaRoche type players are not available. No one drops guys like that cause the league is too deep. Thats why I havent dropped guys like Griffey and Butler yet. I agree with you about Olsen and Floyd, but like you said the are my back end of the rotation guys so I could do worse. The only thing with those 2 are their low K rate. Jonathan Sanchez is a FA so I am going to watch his start tomorrow closely. If he does good I will drop someone for him. All in all I have Wandy and hopefully Howie coming back soon and hopefully Reyes, Kent, Longoria, Griffey and Butler will get it going too.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby felixthecat011 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:03 pm

I'd personally stay away from Sanchez, but that's just me. I'd rather have a guy like Andrew Miller (Fla) - his overall numbers are rough, but he's been better lately.
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Whisp » Thu May 15, 2008 3:02 pm

thanks
who are your 8 keepers?
with a transaction limit, it's probably best to just keep what you have for now, especially if there's nothing too great available on the wire.
perhaps try to target a contending team for a trade where you can pull in another young keeper for next year?
C-MMontero/Iannetta 1B-Hosmer 2B-Kendrick 3B-MiCabrera/Rolen SS-Rollins
CI-IDavis MI-RRoberts OF-Bruce/Crisp/Hunter/Cain/Rios
SP-Sabathia/ClLee/Wainwright/Pineda/Hellickson/JSantana
RP-Putz/Santiago/Rodney/Lidge/Clippard
Whisp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team