Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What am I doing wrong? Rate this lineup please:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What am I doing wrong? Rate this lineup please:

Postby thejusman1 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:38 pm

12-man H2H league, Batting Categories: HR, R, RBI, AVG, OBP, SB. Pitching Categories: K, SV, W, ERA, WHIP

Roster:

C - Chris Iannaetta
1B - Paul Konerko
2B - B.J. Upton
3B - Mike Lowell
SS - Hanley Ramirez
OF - Josh Hamilton
OF - Brad Hawpe
OF - Jermaine Dye
Util - Jeff Francoeur
BN - Hank Blalock

SP - Brandon Webb, Aaron Harang, Ervin Santana, Rich Harden, Dana Eveland, John Danks, Max Scherzer
RP - George Sherill, Manny Acosta, Jon Rauch
DL - Joe Borowski (RP)

What is the worst aspect of this lineup, minus the relief pitching? It's hard to trade for closers in this league, and I'm not willing to give up premium batting in exchange.

Some ideas I had, what do you guys think:

C - Kenji Johjima is still available on waivers. Should I pick him up to replace Ianneta?
I was thinking of an OF of Josh Hamilton, Jeff Francoeur, Jermaine Dye and make Brad Hawpe my fourth outfielder with Blalock playing utility when he gets activated this Friday. Is this a good idea? Which of these OF's will end up with the best season?

I'll put in Jay Bruce if he's for real in the majors over the second worst OF. Please rank my OF as well.

SP - Matt Garza? Scott Baker? Andy Petittte? Gil Meche? Barry Zito? Andrew Miller? Mark Buehrle? Stash Liriano? Serious help needed in identifying my weakest SP!
A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What am I doing wrong? Rate this lineup please:

Postby shoelessjoetara » Wed May 14, 2008 1:29 am

I don't know how Jojihma is doing right now. I know he was struggling earlier. Part of your problem is players like Konerko not playing up to his norm. Lowell has been injured so expect him to start producing since he is back. Bruce could be a great pick up. The other pitchers you listed, are they part of your team or are they on the WW. I don't think those are better than anything you have. The only SP you may want to wath is Harden because he is always hurt but can be a great SP when healthy. I think your OF is very strong.Just wait for your guys to start reaching their potential you'll be OK. Please help me out.

viewtopic.php?t=345471
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team