Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

42-11 last 4 weeks - is my team that good?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

42-11 last 4 weeks - is my team that good?

Postby woodson_28 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Yahoo, h2h, 10 team league.

After starting the first two weeks 11-15 and dropping into 7th place (out of 10), my team has exploded w/ a record of 42-11 the last 4 weeks. During those 4 weeks, I played the #1 team twice, beating both teams 11-3 and 9-3-2. I am currently the #1 team w/ a 3.5 game lead over second place.
So is my team legit? Or do I need to start shipping off my "sell high" guys to ensure a playoff run?

my team:

c: Soto
1b: D. Lee
2b: Uggla
3b: A.Ramirez
ss: J. Reyes
Of: Crawford, C. Lee, Hamilton
Util: C. Granderson
Bench: Kendrick, Bruce (NA)

SP: Zambrano, M. Cain, Dice-K, Halladay, Hudson, Kazmir, Oswalt, E. Volquez
RP: Broxton, Sherrill, Fuentes
DL: Pedro

I'm thinking of trying to ship off Volquez, Granderson and even drop Kendrick. Volquez is great, but I don't think he'll be pitching come "playoff" time, so he's a pretty solid 'sell high'. And I think I could combine him w/ Granderson and land a top OF/UTIL player. Uggla has really stepped up too, so I don't think I need Kendrick any longer. I was offered M.Capps for Volquez, but I think I could get a better CL for him. Plus, 2 teams in my league have "all" the closers, so 4-5 saves a week will win that SV category 75% of the time.

One guy in my league has been trying to land a SP. I keep offering him Volquez for his Teix. but he has rejected it every time. Maybe he'll accept it now that Teix is hurt, right? (His starting 1b is Ortiz).
I don't know. Any ideas or suggestions?
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 42-11 last 4 weeks - is my team that good?

Postby shoelessjoetara » Tue May 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Your team is good, but you have some guys that are producing out of control right now. Uggla and Hamilton are on fire and Soto is a great catcher. Expect them to come down to earth eventually but you should still be fine with what you have. Please help me.

viewtopic.php?t=345357
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Re: 42-11 last 4 weeks - is my team that good?

Postby Turd Sandwich » Tue May 13, 2008 2:24 pm

You have a really good team.

Offense and Starting pitching. You are really week in RP, so I would take a crack at that. I don't think that you will have much luck getting Tex for Volquez, but more power to you. I would try to move a SP with Kazmir back now in a package to get a solid closer.

Nice team, and thanks with mine.
C- Weiters
MI- Pedroia, Desmond, Nick Franklin
CI- Beltre, Longoria, Kendrys Morales,
OF- Braun, Craig, Aoki, Jennings
SP- King Felix, Darvish, Sale, S Miller, A Cobb, Cingrani, Teheran, Garza, G Cole, Bundy
RP- Mujica
Turd Sandwich
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team