8 Man league, 6 Playoff spots
soccermre1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: check out my team

Postby soccerballer002 » Mon May 12, 2008 6:54 pm

Overall, pretty good team. It seems like (at least w/out Arod) you are a little short in the power dept. I would try packaging Longoria and Fukudome for a power outfielder. I really like Hamilton a lot as long as he stays healthy. Your pitching staff is good, but I would think you need more pitchers. I like to try to convert my bench players to pitchers, see what you can find there. Maybe you can buy low on some Verlander types, I dont know if you have quite enough trade bait for that. So, increase power and add more pitchers in short.

Help me too?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=345095
soccerballer002
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Redlegs. » Mon May 12, 2008 8:38 pm

In my opinion, you really need to trade some speed for power or starting pitching. When you look at your relievers you know that you will get saves, but they can blow your ERA and WHIP. What you need is solid starter. I would look at trading Upton or Crawford for a solid power hitter or top notch starter. For some reason i have a feeling Hafner won't turn it around so much to be his old self, but obviously your team is going to be much better when aRod returns and heats up. I can see you making the playoffs this season if you obtain a good starter or a little more power.
Redlegs.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -1)

Postby tah161 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:16 am

I would get rid of Hafner and Longoria for a good starter. You have 3/4 3b allready with A-Rod, Youkillis, Longoria, and Guillen. So you can obviously trade one of them away for a good pitcher.

I dont really like Hafner and I cant see you getting him in the line-up at all because you have Guillen and Youkillis for first. You going to be switching between the two of them once A-Rod gets back.

See what kind of pitching you can get for 2 of those guys. Maybe Felix for both Hafner and Longoria. Or maybe you can get Haren. You could also try for Dice-K or Beckett. Just see what you can get from the teams that need a 3b and/or utility/1b
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team